Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

von Hessenthal/Schreiber book

Hi and a happy new year!!!

I am searching the famous "von Hessenthal/Schreiber book", maybe as a copy!

Greetings!

hello all readers:
    The Hessenthal/Schreiber book was published as a complete reprint a few years ago. The reprint does not contain any information as to publisher, year etc.
    However I do see it offered for sale by German militaria dealers. See H. Weitze, D. Niemann and others, it should be relatively easy to find but is a bit pricy (unless my recollection is faulty at about DM 250 what ever that is in Euro today).
    Good Luck,
    Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

For an Imperial collector, that would be well worth it, since the authors were ahead of their time in giving measurements and weights, as well as detailed information about die makers and so on.

They cover medals (campaign, long service, jubilee, and decorations BELOW the grades of Orders--so that foor instance the Red Eagle Order MEDALs are included, but NOT the Red Eagle Order), from the Napoleonic Wars to the 1930s.

My xeroxed and too-tightly bound in decaying ancient plastic three volume set of the 1940 version is almost as old as I am.

I don't believe that any of the few illustrations were in color--it is a text only sort of reference.

Well worth having for pre-WWI interests especially.

Comment

Hello and thanks!

Is is possible for one of you, to make me a copy of this book?

Best regards

Comment

Hello Major;
          the book has only 560 pages plus 32 illustrations pages (my reprint version). To copy it would be a major effort exceeding my patience level which I consider somewhat high but inadequate for this chore.
          Have a good look around , you may be able to pick up a used copy for a reasonable amount , below what a new reprint issue would set you back.
          Are you aware of Walpurgius www.history-books.com ?
          Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X