Book Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Recommendations

How comprehensive are the following books on their related subject matter?

German Military Ribbon Bars 1914-1957: Mark Hayden

and

German Military Cuffbands 1784-Present: G. Williamson & T. McGuirl

Are these the best references out there?

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

Hi Tim, I can only comment on Gordons book, German Military Cuffbands 1784-Present: G. Williamson & T. McGuirl, which Is well worth the purchase.. Not only does it cover the subject of cufftitles, between the dates mentioned, but also has a very good section on repro and fantasy pieces..

Regarding the subject of reference works on ribbon bars, I don't think you will find any better than the work done by, our own, Richard Lundström here on the Site..

Hope this helps..
    Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

We've lost all our old threads on Reverend Hayden's ribbon bars book due to image hosting site changes that lost all the scans of the majority of types NOT covered, as well as the detailed comments on that booklet's specific errors.

There are really NO Imperial ribbon bars, despite the title, and problems start right on the cover with one of the mass produced Ohio parts frauds mockups of a "Rommel" ribbon bar presented as original. (You can find them by the handful at the Big Shows, along with similar not-close "Himmlers" etc etc etc) Many of the few ribbon bars shown in the booklet as original are fake.

I realize that the Article is not "portable," so it can't be taken along to shows, but reading the chapters of specific interest, including regulations and the detailed fakes section will save you big bucks on Where Eagles Dare/Back Streets Of Collecting junk.

Because there are now MORE fraudulent BAD ribbon bars floating around and being enthusiastically bought for SERIOUS perfectly GOOD hard earned money by ill-informed collectors than ever equipped the entire Wehrmacht!!!

Comment

Thanks Guys!

J Temple-West:

Thank you; I have heard before that the Cufftitle book is the best reference on the subject matter, at least on the (published) street.

Rick:

You said enough-in a roundabout way that I can see my money is better spent elsewhere, like a book on the Legion Condor. Many thanks!

Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X