Book Release: Hilfskreuzer Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Release: Hilfskreuzer Atlantis

Hello all: I am excited to report my ten-year research project is finally coming to fruition. My book, The Cruise of the German Raider Atlantis, will be released by the US Naval Institute Press next month (March 2003.) The non-fiction, history book chronicles one of the German navy's most successful auxiliary cruisers from crew selection, fitting out, raider operations, her destruction and the eventual rescue of the crew. If you are interested and would like more information, please see the link below or send me an email.
    Book Link: http://www.usni.org/webstore/shopexd.asp?id=19583

Kind Regards,
    Joe Slavick
    jpslavick@cox.net

Joe,

This looks like a very interesting book. Looks like you go into the crew histories as well. I will definitely order a copy.

Yuri

Comment

Definitely!

I'll get one too!

George
      George

Comment

Thanks for the Interest!

Wow! I am delighted. Thanks for the interest. I started researching Atlantis in my spare time as a hobby. I just find the stories of the Hilfskreuzer fleet so fascinating. The whole premise of raider operations has a certain mystique for me. I was simply enthralled with the stories. After some years of research, I had a lot of material and decided to attempt to put a manuscript together. After nearly 11 years, now that it is done I feel like something is missing since all the research, learning, and writing is done. I hope the book is well received so a lot more people learn about this fascinating niche of naval history.

Joe

Comment

Joe,

Well done ! I hope your hard work is rewarded with healthy sales! I'm sure it will be a great success.

Comment

"I just find the stories of the Hilfskreuzer fleet so fascinating. The whole premise of raider operations has a certain mystique for me."

I agree with this 100%!

George
            George

Comment

Though I am not a Navy collector . . .

I will end up with this book, I always look for the original, the unique, and the interesting !!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X