No announcement yet.

Superb Waffen SS Officer Research CD Resource by John P Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample of his handwriting. I have not translated this one yet. If anyone can help, then please let me know.
    Attached Files

Comment

Letter regarding his recommendation for a DKiG
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Raymond Griffiths; 06-09-2006, 08:39 AM.

Comment

And last but not least his photograph.

This really brings any piece of named militaria you have in your collection to life.

As an added extra John worked on an image of Günther to digitally improve it and sent it to me on disc, as well as on excellent photographic paper. Now that is what I call great service.
        Attached Files

Comment

Following the advice from a number of collectors I have decided to expand my offerings beyond the personnel files (Personalakten) that are already part of the „Führerliste der Waffen-SS“ publication that Raymond and others have so kindly described.

In my home archive I have over 850 of the 909 rolls of National Archives & Records Administration (NARA) microfilm containing the personnel files of not only Waffen-SS, but also Allgemeine-SS, SD and some Polizei officers filmed from the original records in black & white by the former Berlin Document Center in 1968. Several hundred additional rolls of NARA and other archival microfilm contain records of Waffen-SS divisions, the RFSS and various other publications. Then there are over 60 binders containing copies of wartime documents obtained from government archives in the Czech Republic, Germany and the UK and directly from Waffen-SS veterans representing most divisions and specialties. I also have all back issues of the „Wiking Ruf” and „Der Freiwillige” veterans magazines along with post-war vet newsletters/magazines from the „Nord”, „Totenkopf” and „Wiking” Divisions and Nachrichtenkameradenschaft.

The resources described above provide an excellent basis for researching an individual from multiple sources and providing the collector who owns a named item with some good information and sometimes a photo of the original owner of the militaria. As an example, I was contacted recently by a gentleman who owns a grouping from a former Hauptsturmführer of the „Horst Wessel” Division. Within 24 hours I was able to provide him with high resolution scans of several good documents from the NARA personnel files, entries about the man from the pages of two battalion war diaries from 1942 and late 1944 that I had obtained from the military archive in Prague plus the appearance of the man’s name from a list of released Soviet prisoners from the Wikowo POW camp in October 1955 that appeared in the November 1955 „Wiking Ruf”. The ability to pull such records together comes from having researched this subject for over 30 years and knowing where information is to be found.

Here is what I can do for a collector who is looking for all available documentation on a former SS officer for whom he owns an item of that person’s equipment. I will provide high resolution digital scans from microfilm of that person’s personnel file and scans of any other related documents on that person from my archive. This data would be sent to you electronically or on a customized CD. For those who can’t easily understand German, I could provide a brief description of the person, however, I’m not in the business of translating entire documents. This service is limited to SS Officers and not enlisted ranks. Of course, I can’t do this for free since all of this takes some time and you are receiving the benefit of my expertise, however, there is no charge to tell someone what is available on a particular individual. Inquiries can be sent to me at - j.moore153@verizon.net

John

Comment

Hi John

This is great news and one that researchers or owners of attributable items will welcome.

I have used John for some research before (see above for example on Dr Claus Gunther) and I was well, simply blown away by the service. The ring came with around 6 pages of documents. I now have around 65 to give you some idea what John dug up.

Get the microfilm reader switched on and warmed up as have some things that I need researching!

Raymond

Comment

SIGNAL OFFICERS OF THE WAFFEN-SS BOOK (J.P. Moore)

Dear Forum Members,

A copy of SIGNAL OFFICERS OF THE WAFFEN-SS (by the esteemed Waffen-SS historian J.P. Moore) in book form is for sale on Ebay at the moment - here is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGNAL-OFF...item4176a640fa

Cheers,
              Tomo

Comment

I have a copy of the 3rd printing of Signal officers of the Waffen-SS, similar to the picture shown in the listing. It is a nice, well-produced book. The subject may seem obscure, but these men were vital for helping the combat elements perform effectively. Many of the men profiled are well-known for one reason or another (Sylvester Stadler, the future division commander and high award winner; Friedrich Husemann, the author of the two-volume history of the 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier Division; Adolf Diekmann, the commander-on-the-scene at Oradour, etc.).

Anyone who does detailed research on the Waffen-SS will benefit from this work, in whatever format. But having a nice, handsome book beats having a CD every time for me.

Comment

Gents-

I just tried to email John through the stipulated email address, but it seems no longer valid.

Where can I get the CD nowadays?! Who can help?

Cheers,
                  Markus

Comment

I got mail from John from this adress in 26 june..He sent to me all infos for the order. But the private message working here I'm sure.

Comment

I regret that some of you have had difficulty in sending an email to me since my email address changed several years ago. Via the Contact link on WAF you can send me either an email or PM.

All of my publications are still available and are continuously updated.

John

Comment

Canyou help look for 3 SS officers?

I know this thread is old, but I am looking for information on these three SS Officers.

SS - sturmhannfuehrer August Shiffer

SS-untepsturmfuehrer Heinz Andergassen

SS-oferscharfuehrer Albert Storz

They were tried and executed for war crimes.
                        I am part of a group restoring a B-25 to flying condition and will be honoring the air crew who were executed by these SS Officers.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Sandbarmitchell/

Any help tracking down more info on these guys would be appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X