SS Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Book

Hi to all, I found this a couple days ago and hope it fits this forum. This book contains some of the most bizarre and spectacular photos of SS men in uniform I've ever seen. If you want I will post some of these. Is this book common?

title on binding

There are some photos of SS in uniform that would answer some questions. The text is all German .......so I'm lost like an easter egg. G May

Comment

Binding photo

Title
      Attached Files

Comment

I would be very interested to see some photos :-).

Regards
        Bart

Comment

photo request

If this guy had any more medals he would tip over

Comment

SS horseman

Never seen this photo before

Comment

Heehee....in that first photo that one dude looks like Santa Claus with one of his elves behind him! Seriously, those are some great shots. Can you post more pix?
              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

great shots,
                feel free to post more, the field marshal looks like he is wearing the blue max around his neck does it name him?, the drummer on the horse is that not one of the pictures in the ss postcard sets????,
                when was the book printed?
                cheers,
                Gary

Comment

The gent in the Hussar uniform looks like Field Marshal Mackensen (PLM 27 Nov 1914)(oakleaves 3 Jun 1915) , the SS guy I am not sure about . . .

I have seen the picture of the drummer before.

Comment

photos

Hi, There is no date on the book. The SS guy is Wilhelm Reinhard. Here is a camo SS with a dog sled

Comment

photo

What kind of cone hat is this guy wearing?

Comment

"What kind of cone hat is this guy wearing?"

G.May,
                        that is a a conical fez/ and a scarce piece of headwear,
                        cheers,
                        Gary

Comment

Gary;

Did the conicals come with insignia on them as well?
                          Best regards,

Tony

Comment

G.May,
                            I have a copy of this book, mine is copyrighted 1957. I don’t think they are very common, would guess they are worth about $75?

Tony/Gary - the guy in the conical fez is Karl Gustav Sauberzweig, commander of the Handschar division. On the front jacket photo of “Himmler’s Bosnian Division” by Georges Lepre, there is another photo of him wearing this type of fez with insignia. The 2nd volume of the Bender series on headgear also has a photo of one of these from a collection, as well as a period shot of an NCO in the 25th “Kama” division wearing one.

The officer at the far left in the above photo looks like he is wearing an overseas cap, but it is actually a 3rd (!) type of fez. There are a couple of photos in Lepre’s book showing enlisted men wearing this type of cap, which is boat shaped and has an indentation along the top, similar to the crease on an overseas cap.

The Lepre book is a good read, and has some great photos in it.

Regards,

Fred

Comment

Thank you for the great information, Fred!
                              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X