Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW CD - Grossdeutschland: Von der Wachtruppe bis zum Panzerkorps

Grossdeutschland: Von der Wachtruppe zum Panzerkorps

Carl Faust (Composer), Hermann Schmidt (Composer), Stabsmusikmeister Friedrich Ahlers (Conductor), Obermusikmeister Guido Grosch (Conductor)

Product Details
    • Audio CD (May 23, 2006)
    • Original Release Date: May 8, 2006
    • Number of Discs: 1
    • Label: Brandenburg Historica
    • ASIN: B000FGG4TK

Track Listings

1. Praesentiermarsch mit Deutschlandhymne (Fr. Wilh.III)
    2. Defiliermarsch AM II, 168 (Faust)
    3. Grossdeutsche Grenadiere - Marschlied (Majewski-Schwerin)
    4. Regimentsgruss - Marsch (Steinbeck)
    5. Parademarsch der Kraftfahr-Kampftruppe (Schmidt)
    6. Marsch nach Motiven aus Quadrillen AM II, 126 (Strauss)
    7. Grand Changing of the Guard w. Drill Commands (Becker)
    8. Soldatenlieder-Potpourri (v. Luetzow, arr.)
    9. Oberst von Tippelskirch - Marsch (Bauerfeld)
    10. Westerwald - Marschlied (Trad.-Neuhaeuser)
    11. Pariser Einzugsmarsch AM II, 38 (Walch)
    12. Lied der Infanterie (Kuntzen-Werth)
    13. Panzerlied (Groeschel-Wiehle)
    14. Marsch nach Motiven d. Oper „Indra“ AM II, 155 (Flotow)
    15. Marschlied der Panzergrenadiere (Schultze-Seeger)
    16. Lied der Sturmartillerie (Pfeffer)
    17. Landser und Panzer - Marschlied (Majewski-Widmayr)
    18. Soldaten, Kameraden - Marsch (K******252;ssel)
    19. Alte Garde - Marschlied (Heuser-Schaumburg Lippe)
    20. Zapfenstreich Marsch (Trad.-Wieprecht)

Product Description

This album takes the listener on a musical excursion through the history of the famous Regiment-, Division- and Panzerkorps- "Grossdeutschland", presenting military marches and soldiers’ songs in a compilation that chronicles this elite German military unit's evolution from the "Wachtruppe" - the army guard detachment stationed in Berlin during the Weimar Republic - to the mighty combined arms force of the late war years.

Brandenburg Historica has searched the globe to assemble the priceless 78rpm records (dating from 1928 to 1943) that at we have transcribed for this compilation. Eighteen of this album’s TWENTY tracks feature marches and soldiers' songs that are performed by the unit's own choruses and/or bands, while the remaining selections highlight central aspects of Grossdeutschland’s unit history and wartime career. These rare source recordings have been restored for maximum fidelity while preserving their unique period ambience.

Included in this collection are not only "Grossdeutschland's" official parade march and its presentation march (presented in a rarely heard "honor guard" arrangement with the German national anthem), but also a rare transcription of "Grossdeutsche Grenadiere", the regimental song of GD that features music by GD Obergefreiter Hans-Martin Majewski and lyrics by Infantry Regiment Grossdeutschland's commander in the French Campaign, Oberst Gerhard Graf von Schwerin. Also presented is a selection of the parade marches and songs of the German mechanized forces of the Second World War (including a rousing vocal version of the much requested "Panzerlied"), as well as those traditional marches played during guard changing ceremonies and parades in which the "Grossdeutschland" units were regular participants.

Painstakingly researched and produced, the album is accompanied by a lavishly illustrated twenty four-page booklet that presents a detailed overview of "Grossdeutschland's" career, the history of its two bands and detailed background information on the featured musical selections.

Grossdeutschland: Von der Wachtruppe zum Panzerkorps on Amazon

Last edited by Diane; 05-09-2006, 06:02 PM.

Grossdeutschland: Von der Wachtruppe zum Panzerkorps - Release date set for May 23!

Due to technical problems the relese date for this CD was changed to May 23, 2006.

Hopefully someone from the forum will order one from Amazon and review it here.

Comment

are you gonna review you own product?

Comment

Product reviews

Dear Craig,

Based on our previous release I don't need to "review my own product".

"Gott, Kaiser, Vaterland" was a resounding success.

If you have an issue with our firm, myself or our product please feel free to post your reply here or send me a PM.

Sincerely,

Diane Schreiber

Brandenburg Historica LLC

Comment

WOW not at all like the PM you sent me..is this your public face?..

i though you were off to your other forum as you had been asked to be a mod there, but you wont pay the fee here?.. some of these 78's you got from Bob, were they good? I see you push Brandenburg Historica LLC here but you know thats not allowed, read the rules...

I have no issues .. have a nice day

Comment

Letter from Bill

Hi Craig.

I’m Diane’s business partner Bill. I don’t usually discuss business relations with third parties, but since you are so concerned… we got ONE 78 “from Bob” in return for mutually agreed upon compensation. Ask him, if you are actually in touch with him.

We own most of the other records. All the work on this CD is mine, from finding the records to remastering the audio tracks to the writing of the album notes to the collection of the illustrations. I have been collecting these records for years.

As you refuse to answer Diane’s PM’s and we have been unable to reach you via email this is the only way we can communicate with you.

If you can come up with your own CD, more power to you!

Please expalin what you mean about Diane's “public face”?

BTW - Diane has requested that the moderators remove this entire thread as it seems to offend you so.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Diane
              Hi Craig.
              we got ONE 78 “from Bob” in return for mutually agreed upon compensation. Ask him, if you are actually in touch with him. Bill
              sure bill he is in germany with the rest of our guys doing the treffen in munster , and i will answer you concerns in a pm, lets keep it off here

Comment

Grossdeutschland: Von der Wachtruppe zum Panzerkorps [Original recording remastered]

btt

Comment

Grossdeutschland: Von der Wachtruppe bis zum Panzerkorps 4th Printing!

Grossdeutschland: Von der Wachtruppe zum Panzerkorps, 1928-1943

Comment

btt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X