Ritterkreuztraeger - Veit Scherzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritterkreuztraeger - Veit Scherzer

For everybody interested in the subject of the actual recipients of the Knights Cross, this book is an absolute must. It will be - if it is not already - the "bible" for years to come.

The first part describes in depth the actual burocratic procedure of how a RK was awraded, from the suggestion to the final "yes' by the Fuehrer. It also talks in depth about the awards that alledgidly were made after Hitler's death by others (such as Sepp Dietrich and Doenitz) and clearly shows that those are not legal. All in all, his list is about 200 awardees less than the list in the "Fellgiebel" - and for good reasons.

The main part of the book is the alphabetical listing of all legal awardees, with some supporting dates and fact (not much, though).

The book can be bought directly form the publisher under :
    http://www.wehrmachtdivisionen.de/ for € 69.- plus shipping.

or do a search under the ISBN 3-938845-00-7.

It's definetely worth the money!

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Fellgiebel

I agree with Dietrich. The forty bucks I spent on my copy was well worth it. I am always trying to learn more about my hobby, and this book was a treasure trove of information to me.

Comment

Ritterkreuzträger

Hello!

I put a post in here some time ago concerning this title. For those of you who would prefer to order from the North American distributor, you can go to JJ Fedorowicz Publishing (http://www.jjfpub.mb.ca/newstuff.htm).

It will be the "bible" on this topic for years to come.

Rumnor has it that an English-language version of the book, at least the "juicy" parts, is in the works.

I don't know where you bought this, Nicholas, but $40 is below the wholesale cost of the book?! Please let me know so I can order from them.

Regards,
      Bob Edwards

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a business partner with JJF, but I can honestly say this is the most honest title on the subject there is.

Comment

New RKT.

Does this work 'unearth' any Ritterkreuztrager NOT recognised by Fellgiebel? In particular I refer to Waffen-SS RKT Gustavson and Porsch.

I have not yet purchased this book although I almost certainly will at some point, is the English version set in concrete?

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

fellgiebel

Dear Bob,

my appologies. I tend to read too fast sometimes, and miss vital information. I thought Dietrich was writing about Fellgiebel's book "Elite of the Third Reich", which I recently purchased. I am totally unfamiliar with the book that you guys are talking about. Once again, my appologies for my haste.

Best Regards,

Nick Link

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X