Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book

Can anyone tell me about Michael Tuckers book, Military babdges of the Third Reich. It has a few good write ups and it,s good value compared to Formans ect. Thanks Jamie

Lots of closeups of hinges hooks logos as with most books has some flaws that Mr. Tucker pointed out himself on the this forum. I would recommend it as useful tool in conjunction with other books on the subject. Doesn't waste time repeating the same history of badges that we have all read a thousand times over.
    Warren

Comment

Hi Jamie,

I agree with Warren, and recommend Mike Tucker's book as a excellent and useful addition to one's library.

--------------------

Bruce

[ 01 November 2001: Message edited by: ssimcox ]

Comment

Hi
        I believe there is a new edition coming out sometime early next year.
        Scott

Comment

hi jamie, i would NOT recommend mike tucker's book. there are many, i think about 12 fakes in the book. there was a thread on this site about them, so you should be able to find it. also he does not have the courage to add an addendum informing the people of his mistakes when you order his book from him.

Comment

Hello Jamie,

I recommend the book. Yes, there are a few fakes in there. They have been listed on this very forum.

This book shows numerous hinges, catches, maker marks, rivets, etc. All pictures are B/W.

Certainly worth the cost.

Another good one is Jamie Cross's guide (I cant recall the exact title - check his website). It features the IAB, CCC and Luft GAB, if I remember correctly.

Best,

Calvin

[ 01 November 2001: Message edited by: chall ]
            -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Hey Tony,

12 FAKES?????

I, for one, would like you to point them out.

If you would please.

I will also add that I found that his courage to deal with the mistakes in his book to have been VERY aboveboard, and not at all like some of the other authors challenged here on our FORUM.

Perhaps you could also explain to us just how simple it is to furnish an addendum to a book that has been published and distributed, as you hint that it is????

--------------------

Stephen Bruce Simcox

Comment

stephen, the thread was on the forum a couple of months ago i'm sorry i just can't remember what subject it was under. i wrote down 8 of the fakes in the bookfrom the thread, but there was a few more. pg 90,20m, pg100,21m, pg103,27m, pg108,38m, pg116,54m, pg119,60m pg98,18m pg114,50m. as for an addendum, to charge $35 for a book and knowingly sell it without telling the public about the fakes is a rip off. he should print an enclosure with the bad badges and put it into the book.

Comment

Tony,

Thanks for writing down the mistakes for eight, not twelve photos.....I followed the other thread as well, so you haven't added anything new.

You still haven't explained how simple it is to print and insert a addendum, but no matter.

I disagree that Mr. Tucker is a rip-off, as you say. It just goes to show that you can't please everyone.

Just for your information, and anyone else to whom it might matter, I paid $50 for my copy, and in my opinion, it is still among the top 5 books on the subject, and money well spent.

As usual, these are my personal thoughts on this matter.

--------------------

Bruce

Comment

Bruce actually it's really an easy fix. Just get on the computer and write out the padges where the problems are at, run copies and insert into book's before shipping. I do have his book and like it and I also believe he has one if not the best website when it comes to viewing his badges, front and back with very large pictures.

Comment

This thread has just been pointed out to me so I thought I would respond. I think Tony's idea is a good one and I believe with a little effort I can add a sheet to my book stating the errors. I mention these problems with the book when people call me to order and have a standard email set up to send to anyone, which states the corrections. None of the mistakes were intentional and are my fault alone resulting from my lack of knowledge or my poor editing. I would like to thank everyone who has purchased the book and I hope that it has helped you. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to email me.

Comment

I am far from an expert on 3rd Reich medals and have found Mike's book to be very helpful. It is just the right size to take along when going to shows and I have found the section with makers marks very informative and useful. I too would like to point out that Mike's web site has many pages of fakes with very detailed photos and explanations. There are not many web sites that offer that kind of information without some form of membership associated. The amount of time, effort and research to maintain these pages deserves credit. Thank you Mike.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X