No announcement yet.

Book Club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think we will be able to get this started?? Even if a few of us are interested we can do it amongst ourselves!

Comment

I think that this could be a good idea.

Comment

Well ....on hand I have 4 books here I got for christmas that I haven't got to yet. The reference books I had ordered have consumed most of my down-time so to speak. They are:

1. The Origins of the Final Solution by Browning
        2. The Nazi Conscience by Koonz
        3. The Coming of the Third Reich by Evans
        4. Hitler and the Vatican by Godman

These are pretty accessible since my family got them from the History Book Club and I have seen them in Books-a-million as well. These are ones I haven't read as suggestions, however I have got many a good read that I wouldn't mind revisiting such as :

*The Order of the Death's Head by Hohne
        *Hitler's Death Squads by Langerbein
        * the Fuhrer by Heiden
        * SS intelligence by Blandford
        * Spear of Destiny by Ravenscroft
        * Daily Life in Hitler's Germany
        * Loyalty is My Honor by Williamson
        * Soldat
        * ADolf Hitler by Toland
        * Steel Inferno by Reynolds
        * Voices from the Bunker by Galante and Silianoff

to get us started. I have more suggestions if no one finds any of these titles as an appealing choice for the.....??.. "Third Reich Book Club"..."Wehrmacht-Awards Book Club"...."You gotta fight for the Reich to Party Book Club" ....anyways, whenever you guys want to land on a book choice or as dasreichdebs said we can start now with a nucleus small group and await a larger more organized version later. I just enjoying reading when I can.

Comment

Hi,
          the idea is very interesting and not difficult to realize, would be possible to create one international data bank with books in several languages with a service of translation of notes and articles in English? As an example in Italy they have been prints many interesting books on the RSI and MVSN but never they have unfortunately not been translate in English language, task that the same one for many books written in German and not translate.
          regards
          Quex
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

On man.. "Fight for the Reich to Party.." LOL Classic! I nearly spewed my coffee reading that one. Or we could call it the Reicher Case.. ok - must drink more coffee..

But seriously, I am all for it as a new collector. This may have been mentioned before (I am still half asleep) but would we have categories; like reference (obviously) but also Historical? I am reading Hitler and His Generals - a fascinating translation of the stenographers recording of all his military meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvercat
              On man.. "Fight for the Reich to Party.." LOL Classic! I nearly spewed my coffee reading that one. Or we could call it the Reicher Case.. ok - must drink more coffee..

But seriously, I am all for it as a new collector. This may have been mentioned before (I am still half asleep) but would we have categories; like reference (obviously) but also Historical? I am reading Hitler and His Generals - a fascinating translation of the stenographers recording of all his military meetings.
              ....... continue with coffee and television
              "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Quex, your ideas sound interesting,perhaps some of our computer whiz members may want a go at that kind of undertaking. I do well to keep out the trojan horses and viruses on my own little PC.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X