Luger book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luger book

While at the MAX I got the idea to get myself a Luger, but would like to read about it a little bit first. What books would you recommend?

Seba
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Hi Seba, it was nice to see you and Shawn at the MAX show. With regard to your inquiry about books about lugers, Jan Stil is an excellant authority on lugers. He has one book totaly on imperial lugers. He has one on the Wiemar period lugers and one on lugers of the 3rd reich. They are a hard cover book and are available with many pictures of the different variations. Not sure, but $60.00 sounds about right. I think Rutger's Book store in New Jersey carries them. Hope this helps. Regards, DEL

Comment

It certainly was nice to meet you Del. Thanks again for taking charge Saturday morning when Shawn and I slept a bit late...

What do you mean Rutgers? The University book store?
      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Hi Seba, it also was nice meeting you and I enjoyed working the table and was prepared to go Sunday morning. I was sorry to see you pull out earlier than expected. I knew that you were going to have problems with that panzerfaust. A friend of mine bought one also but he had it shipped home. There is a mailing house at the Radison. Now getting back to the luger books, it is Rutgers Book Center, nothing to do with the university. Their email address is gunbooks@rutgersgunbooks.com and their website is www.rutgersgunbooks.com. Their phone number is 732-545-4344 and their fax number is 732-545-6686. Hope this helps. Best regards, DEL

Comment

Seba,

Would recommend 'Lugers At Random' by Kenyon.

http://www.bookfinder.com/

To get a feel for some prices, try this site:

http://www.simpsonltd.com/

MM

[ 04 October 2001: Message edited by: mmiller ]
          "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Seba,

I don't know how much you want to spend on a Lugar, but Mitchell Sales in California will soon be offering wartime manufactured Lugers in mint unfired condition which were discovered in Switzerland. The same company is selling Walther P-38s in the same condition, also from a stock found in Switzerland for $1990. They come with a hokey KC with the pistol's serial number engraved on the KC, but the pistols are excellent. The same company is selling K98s made in Yugoslavia on German machinery set up during the war. The prices range from $200 to $495 depending on condition. Last month I bought one of the "Premium Grade" K98s for $495 and it looks like it was made yesterday instead of 1944. I decided it was to fine to shoot so I bought a second one in. "Collectors Grade" for $295 which is in NRA Eccellent condition,. This one I will shoot. Both rifles came with slings, ammo pouches; cleaning kits; bayonets and frogs; all equipment that would have been issued with the rifle. You can see them on mitchellsales.com.
            OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

Seba,

Luger collecting is a world unto itself --- what is amazing about this sidearm is the fact that it has been in production for over a century. And the workmanship on these beauties is something to behold --- plus, it is so distinctly German and recognized as a "Luger" probably more than any other type of pistol in the World. It is a great addition to any collection. I have a "Black Widow" myself --- not really pertinent to my Luftwaffe collection as most of the LW purchased Lugers were Krieghoffs --- but still nice to have. It is a BYF 42.

By the way, once you start down this road it is hard to turn back. I have all the Jan Still books on the Lugers, from the Imperial through Third Reich periods. These are outstanding references. They are in mint condition if you would be interested.

Best regards,

Mike Heuer

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

moved
                Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

black widow luger`

Mike,

Would you like to sell that black widow luger? If so, please let me know. I have been looking for a nice one for some time.

Seba,

It depends on what type of luger you want? WWI, WWII, between wars, commercial, navy, artillery, carbine, US lugers, Swiss, I could go on!! and on!!!
                  I do have an nice all matching 1914 Erfurt artillery luger rig for sale! (gun, spare mag, holster, cleaning rod, and take down tool).

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X