Postal History of the Nuremberg Rallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postal History of the Nuremberg Rallies

I just picked this book up. It was published in 1980 and compiled by John Rawlings and Michael Passmore.

What an amazing book! Very detailed as to each rally, what was issued, where the post offices were, who used those post offices, numerous cancellations; special or otherwise... and last but not least.. lots of illustrations - color too.

Sorry, I know paper doesn't float everyones boat but I find this fascinating.

Sounds interesting Lisa. Can you post a few scans and other details of the book?

Comment

I will as soon as I can!

Comment

Scans of the book..

1933 Rally of Victory - A station at the Russenwiese camp where you see a notice board attached to a temporary pillar box and soldiers filling out the Special Telegram issued that year. You could purchase it at post offices as late as 1936. All Russenweise mail was forwarded to Nuremberg 2 post office at 4-6 Bahnofstrasse.

Comment

The camp layout with the post offices marked at the 1934 Rally Triumph of the Will. Other pictures show the Deutsche Reichpost and the soundproofed phonebooths for the press.
          Almost each Rally discussed in the book has this diagram of the layout of the camps and they are similar.
          Last edited by Lisa Thompson; 12-02-2005, 06:46 PM.

Comment

N******252;rnberg Postcards - the Zeppelinfeld. What is interesting about this shot is that the swastika in the photo at the top (early 1937) was drawn in by the publishers of the postcard; it had not been finished yet. The one below is after completion (1938).
            Attached Files

Comment

Lastly, some nice full color shots of the propaganda postcards...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X