Secret Diaries of Hitler's Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Diaries of Hitler's Doctor

Just read this book by David Irving. This is an old one, first published in 1983 but I picked it up for a couple of quid in a second hand shop. Quite an interesting if not amusing book. Portrays Adolf as a hypochondriac, not in total control of himself in view of all the drugs pumped into him by Dr Morell. That would explain why he did what he did, the mistakes he made......hum....not quite convinced but I guess it was worth the small investment, no more.

David Irving is a very controversial author. So let's leave the discussion of him at that, and not yet this get political. PLEASE! Just a warning!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter_Suciu
      David Irving is a very controversial author. So let's leave the discussion of him at that, and not yet this get political. PLEASE! Just a warning!
      I assume this is not aimed at me. I am just giving brief details of a book I have read with very succinct comments of what I thought of the book, no more, no less.

Comment

There is another book that is similar--'The Medical Casebook of Adolf Hitler' by Drs. Heston (this is from memory as I have the book in storage). David Irving's book is easier to read, as it's more smoothly written, but the Casebook is more written from doctor's point of view.
        Irving is certainly controversial, to say the least, but many leading historians will admit that he's one of, if not the, top researchers of many WWII subjects.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryG
          I assume this is not aimed at me. I am just giving brief details of a book I have read with very succinct comments of what I thought of the book, no more, no less.
          Hey Terry, no this was not aimed at you or anyone specifically. It is just that David Irving is controversial and I'm warning everyone before they make any comments either way about the man or his politics.

Comment

I fully agree

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X