Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A book list for our hobby : Part 3 Headgear

Hello

Here is the list devoted to books covering Headgear.
    Please note that books are sorted by alphabetical order based on the author's name. Should a book be coauthored, the first alphabetical last name is taken into account.

Enjoy !
    Regards
    Denis

- Baer, Ludwig : History of the German steel helmet 1916-1945
    - Baer, Ludwig : Vom Stahlhelm Zum Gefechtshelm, Band 1 (1915-1945) (ISBN 3-9803864-0-6) IN GERMAN
    - Baer, Ludwig : Vom Stahlhelm Zum Gefechtshelm, Band 2 (1919-1994) (ISBN 3-9803864-1-4) IN GERMAN
    - Baer, Ludwig : Vom Metallhelm Zum Kunststoffhelm (ISBN 3-9803864-2-2) IN GERMAN (subject matter concerns civil helmets)
    - de Fillipi, Richard : Les Coiffures Militaires du IIIĆ©me Reich in FRENCH (very nice photos)
    - Goodapple, T.V, et al: German Helmets 1933-1945 A Collector's Guide (2 volumes)
    - Halcomb Smith, Jill & Saris, Wilhelm P.B.R. : Headgear of Hitler's germany volume 1 (Heer, Marine and Luftwaffe)
    - Halcomb Smith, Jill & Saris, Wilhelm P.B.R. : Headgear of Hitler's germany volume 2 (WSS, Legion Condor, Air- Veterans'- & Patriotic Struggle Organizations, Freikorps)
    - Halcomb Smith, Jill & Saris, Wilhelm P.B.R. : Headgear of Hitler's germany volume 3 (Hitler, NSDAP, Political Leaders, NS Frauenschaft, DAF, SA)
    - Hicks, Kelly : SS Helmets A Collector's Guide (ISBN 0-9624883-5-6)
    - Hicks, Kelly : SS Helmets A Collector's Guide-Vol. II (ISBN 0-9624883-7-2)
    - Letonturier, Philippe: Le casque allemand de la seconde guerre mondiale (IN FRENCH)
    - Maguire, Jon and Moran, Pat : German Headgear in World War II , Army, Luftwaffe & Kriegsmarine, a photographic study of German Hats and Helmets
    - Maguire, Jon and Moran, Pat : German Headgear in World War II, SS, NSDAP, Police, Civilian & Misc., a photographic study of German Hats and Helmets
    - Radovic, Branislav : German Helmets of the Second World War Volumes 1 and 2 (ISBN 0-7643-1447-5 and 0-7643-1448-3 respectively)
    - Schutt : Dress and service hats of the third reich (HSM publication)
    - Wilkins, Gary : The collector's guide to cloth Third Reich military headgear (ISBN 0 -7643-1428-9)
    Last edited by Denis; 01-21-2003, 06:32 AM.

Baer, Ludwig: Vom Stahlhelm Zum Gefechtshelm, Band 1 (1915-1945) (ISBN 3-9803864-0-6) (German text)

Baer, Ludwig: Vom Stahlhelm Zum Gefechtshelm, Band 2 (1919-1994) (ISBN 3-9803864-1-4) (German Text)

Baer, Ludwig: Vom Metallhelm Zum Kunststoffhelm (ISBN 3-9803864-2-2) German text, subject matter concerns civil helmets

Goodapple, T.V, et al: German Helmets 1933-1945 A Collector's Guide Vol.s 1 and 2 (ISBN's I don't have, my copies are literally in several pieces)

Hicks, Kelly: SS Helmets A Collector's Guide (ISBN 0-9624883-5-6)

Hicks, Kelly: SS Helmets A Collector's Guide-Vol. II (ISBN 0-9624883-7-2)

Radovic, Branislav: German Helmets of the Second World War Volumes 1 and 2 (ISBN 0-7643-1447-5 and 0-7643-1448-3 respectively)

They also have a volume for helmets of the First World War, mine is currently "in hiding". It covers Central Powers and Allied helmets, and is of similar caliber to the WW2 work.

Letonturier, Philippe: Le Casque Allemand de la seconde guerre moniale

Armold, Chris: Steel Pots the History of America's Steel Combat Helmets (ISBN: 0-912138-70-X)

Armold, Chris: Painted Steel Steel Pots, Volume II (ISBN 0-912138-82-3

Saunders, Anthony: Weapons of the Trench War 1914-1918 (ISBN 0 7509 1818 7) This has some interesting tidbits relative to WW1 steel helmets, notably the French Polack and the US/Belgium Dunand

Hope this helps, there are more, but these were within reach!! I have included the ISBN wherever possible for ease in doing a search.

Don

Comment

Hi
      - Schutt: HSM publication: Dress and service hats of the third reich

jacques

Comment

I think the two by Mike Beaver due out this year should be included. One on cloth SS headgear and one on helmets. Sorry as of this moment I don't have both titles. But with the quality of his past reference work this will be no acception I'm sure.

Comment

Hello
          Thanks to all of you who have provided new books and sorry for the delay taken in updating the list (Frenchpeople have too much vacations days )

To DonaldL. : I have not included the last 3 books since they covers either the US Helmets or the WWI matter
          Maybe another thread would derve to be created to welcome those titles ?

To Perry : I wait for Beaver's ones delivery to give the exact and full titles

Keep on giving new books !!

Regards
          Denis

Comment

Hi Denis, I would add the new book on headgear from Gary Wilkins. I bought a copy of this book last Dec. and I can recommend it. Gary has actually just become a member here.

"The Collector's guide to cloth Third Reich Military headgear" by Gary Wilkins. Published by Schiffer.
            ISBN number 0 - 7643 - 1428 - 9.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello
              Thanks to Adrian
              List was updated
              Regards
              Denis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X