Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight Into Darkness - DVD release...

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I saw this move Let me now add some comments about this SUPPOSED to be a war movie.

I was visiting my Rent-DVD-Store and marked a new title on the shelf. The title was Straight Into Darkness. i read a summary placed on the back of the box and decided to watch it. I did not suppose what a BIG mistake I did...

Well, OK, I set at home and played it - the movie started ok, two Amies Airborne deserters captured by MPs are riding in the jeep. The jeep is suddenly shaken by some explosions (how could it be that one way there were no troubles with the road and when the two guys are finally captured someone put A LOT of mines on it ). MINEFIELD! Hard to belive - all MPs will die on the road shortly - only two desertes will survive This was a first red flag.

The one is a good guy haunted by the dark memories of his bloody (or rather ashy) deeds from the past (I have seen that before - 'Saint and Soldiers'). He burned mother and her child with a flame thrower during a combat (what the hell were they both doing in the middle of action anyway ). The second deserter is a coldblooded murder and madman...

The story is supposed to be thrilling one - old house occupied by old couple and the band of the kids (yea - KIDS) who are looking as recently released from a mental hospital. The old couple and the kids are trained ...'fighting force'...Jesus Christ... Huh... You got a picture?... CRAP!

Everything is fine until the over 60 Germans supported by a 'Tiger' tank arrive... (Tiger looks like a wheeled CAN - it has some Graphitti on its turret but NO national marks at all ) - Of course such a 'little' German force has no chances to win a battle again two deserters and the band of TRAINED Kids (even with the support by 88mm gun....) without loosing a tank and 75% of the human force...

I really have no idea what kind of movie 'Straight Into The Darkness' shall be qualified to The title has nothing to do with it at all. The actors performance is less than poor. The Germans look like a peasant's band equipped with MP40 and K98 weapons and Stahlhelms... The tank... yeah...You can't stop loughing when You see that one.

The kids are looking as cut out from MAD MAX 3 - Leather or fur coats etc... Pathetic....

The 'Super Visual Effects contains of a lot of quick and blurry spinning sequences - so You got the feeling you are drunk or on drugs...

I can not find any other words to describe this pathetic effort...

The idea of this post is to warn everyone here before wasting time to watch this crap

Not one for the christmas list then

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X