Reference books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference books

I'm trying to get Angolia's serie on the Kriegsmarine but i was wondering if there are more reference books that handle the Kriegsmarine? Also i was wondering if there are fellow Kriegsmarine collectors on this forum? If so i would like to get in contact with them.

greetings

As far as I know, there are only this series on Kriegsmarine uniforms topic in English.
    My collection, have no vol3, and looking for it!

Vol1 is signed and first 500 edition:

Comment

Tex
      Is it just uniforms and equipment of the KM you're interested in and do the reference books have to be in English only?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I'm mainly looking for books about equipment, uniforms etc. of the KM. For the language i prefer english but deutsch is exaptable to. Wenn i searched on google i found books from Mallman but couldn't find good info on that maybe someone here knows more of it?

Comment

I am still missing Kriegsmarine #1.

I also believe that Angolia's is the only definitive work out there today.

To gain more "knowledge" you are going to have to buy books that have other areas of interest in them. Titles such as the following have bits and pieces of Kriegsmarine but are really worth having on your shelves regardless of not being solely "Kriegsmarine" ..."Nazi regalia", Wittmann's dagger book on the kriesmarine has some decent photos of uniforms (mostly daggers in wear pics) and has some uniform regulations, Headgear books such as Moran/Maguire show Kriegs headgear, Kibler and Bare's Helmet books has Kriegsmarine steel in them, and the new ArikaKorps 2-volume set (from Schiffer) has Uniforms and equipment, paper, etc.

You may have to put up with say "Luftwaffe" to get some Kriegsmarine but all of the above mentioned, I own and recommend!

Good luck!

Comment

xxxx
            Last edited by ShoulderBoards; 07-04-2007, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Now I got vol3 from a friend here!! a complete series!

Tang Si

Comment

Originally posted by fknorr
                I am still missing Kriegsmarine #1.!
                Great, where the hell are my friends?!?!?!?!

Comment

Tommorow I will post the all 3 vols together!!!

Comment

HI tex

A few photos of the booklet i pm you about

David
                    Attached Files

Comment

no2
                      Attached Files

Comment

no3
                        Attached Files

Comment

no4
                          Attached Files

Comment

last one
                            Attached Files

Comment

Uniforms and Traditions 1,2,3.

I have the serires picked them up on ebay over a period of a year , from time to time odd volumes surface there - may take a while but worth keeping an eye on.
                              Our "friend" Col. Charlie had a set for sale last year he was looking $750 for them , Charles.

The series is very good , but the section which dealt with binoculars /optics was poorly researched and is inaccurate.

Certainly worth having.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X