Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Heukemes
    Hi guys,

At the Gunzenhausen/Germany show last week, my book was sold by a dealer friend of mine, Uwe Bretzendorfer. He already received the first reactions from a handful of other dealers, which are known fakepeddlers: "what a silly and useless book, who would be interested to buy that?"

I take it this means that the shot hit home and is quite painful.
    Frank.
    That is good to hear!
    I wish you every success with the book.

Comment

hello phillipe

first my complements too frank.i have also order one
      but philip this is a superb work for fakers too help them in making the best fake possible i think this book is so great that the fakers have a ultimate guide for making the ultimate fake the so called originel .
      and the fakers will always produce medals so i think this will only help them.
      what to do and what too do not.
      i hope frank makes a lot of more books let there be no mistake about
      i repeat i love the book ! before i get in trouble again .
      these are yust my thought's
      it is sad but threu in ore hobby.
      we get a great reference book and the bad guys also.

kr johan

Comment

Originally posted by johannes post
        first my complements too frank.i have also order one
        As i said, Frank's book is "must have" book for the collectors. It is an excellent example of the great love affair between the cold facts and briliant deduction. Great job Frank! And keep them coming (man i can hardly wait for the PAB's edition).

Comment

Originally posted by johannes post
          hello phillipe

and the fakers will always produce medals so i think this will only help them.
          what to do and what too do not.

i repeat i love the book ! before i get in trouble again .
          these are yust my thought's

kr johan
          Hi Johan,

Why should you get in trouble, on the contrary, this was my point when starting this thread looking at the pros and cons of such a work.

I can follow your line of thought but IMO the opposite will be the result. Not better fakes but better informed collectors.

They indeed ALWAYS, made fakes because it was a very easy business, 5% of collectors knew what it was all about and the other 95% just didn't have the opportuity to defend themselfs against these crooks and that always made them easy victims.

IMO Frank's book for the first time ever draw's the line, albeit be it, for the time being, in a very very small collecting field but that is temporay. Never before did collectors have means to defend themselfs and this now changed.

I really do believe that this will make a difference in our ongoing battle against the bad guys but if I'm naieve please tell me.

KR
          Philippe

Comment

ofcourse your not naive phili ppe
            i can follow your opinion 100 %.
            the trouble point what i mean is that i must sometimes hold my mouth
            because i seem to be too hard with my opinion and i where afraid that it where now also and i didn't mean that .
            i am very positive about this book but i where also afraid that this great work becomes even a help for the bad guys.
            but as you say it will help us for sure and with this book are we a few years in front of that bast...!

kr johan

Originally posted by Philippe DB
            Hi Johan,

Why should you get in trouble, on the contrary, this was my point when starting this thread looking at the pros and cons of such a work.

I can follow your line of thought but IMO the opposite will be the result. Not better fakes but better informed collectors.

They indeed ALWAYS, made fakes because it was a very easy business, 5% of collectors knew what it was all about and the other 95% just didn't have the opportuity to defend themselfs against these crooks and that always made them easy victims.

IMO Frank's book for the first time ever draw's the line, albeit be it, for the time being, in a very very small collecting field but that is temporay. Never before did collectors have means to defend themselfs and this now changed.

I really do believe that this will make a difference in our ongoing battle against the bad guys but if I'm naieve please tell me.

KR
            Philippe

Comment

Hi Guys

I do not have many GABs. I believe the main reason for this is that I have found it hard to easily distinguish between makers and to know their variants. In reality with so many different GAB designs it was nearly impossible to feel comfortable buying any.

Prior to the new book, I believe that the fakers had a distinct advantage, especially with this award not having the coverage IABs and PABs get.

There will always be fakes of this award, old and new, but what this book gives us, is the ability to know all the originals, except any new discoveries of course. Any fake that is different in design to an original, or a fake based on an original but with different set up will not be in the book. (might be in the fakes section)

This book makes it a level playing field now. Collectors will still need to use their judgement and knowledge of materials simply because most fakes are based on originals. But the knowledge this book gives us outweighs any benefits the fakers will gain. As has been mentioned fakers do not need this info. Hey, they have not needed it so far.

Lastly, any of you guys that love IABs, and have not voted yet on what Franks 3rd book will feature, get voting......IAB is way behind

Have a good evening

regards

Graeme

Comment

Guys, in my opinion this book is of no use to fakers at all.

Think it out - if you were going to fake a badge what would you do? Buy Franks book and study the two dimensional photos or get your hands on an original and copy it by viewing all aspects of the badge from all angles and different lighting conditions.

What this book does is allow us to identify good, original GAB's and avoid the suspect ones.

As such, sellers of dodgy items are going to find that there avenue for selling junk is now diminished somewhat.

Great book Frank, mine arrived here in EnZed last Monday and using it I grabbed the Nickle Silver GAB on the e-stand off Philippe yesterday.

Regards...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X