• Show
Clear All

German Military Ribbonbars 1914-57

Hi,
    Is this book worth having please?

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

For the price, it is a great book. It has a lot of great pics and gets into the basics on ribbon bar construction. I believe that it is the only book dedicated to the topic. I have read it more than once.

Best regards
    Paul

Comment

unfortunately....

.... it also uses a multitude of fake bars to illustrate the points.

Comment

Haydens book has been shredded here more than once, besides the deceptive title, it is full of fakes. Not exactly the best learning tool.

We are fortunate enough to have a wonderful article on the website about ribbon bars, by Rick Lundstrom. I defy you to find a more concise reference anywhere, and the images show the real mccoy.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Schroeder
          Haydens book has been shredded here more than once, besides the deceptive title, it is full of fakes. Not exactly the best learning tool.

We are fortunate enough to have a wonderful article on the website about ribbon bars, by Rick Lundstrom. I defy you to find a more concise reference anywhere, and the images show the real mccoy.
          Thank you for the information on the book. That is a shocker to me Are there any other printed reference books on the topic? I count myself lucky that most of my bars have come from the estand.

Comment

Maybe it is the best book related to Ribbon bar, but I think it is better to write in some complete system. No ribbon chart, it is the biggest problem of this book

Comment

Paul.

The best article on ribbon bars in the world is in the Association members section. (oops just read the above_sorry)
              Hayden did a poor job, but the best he could at the time and it's interesting as it shows what a non-German speaker could produce before the internet. I invited Hayden here and he's a member, but he seldom visits; he was cowed by Ricks' article.
              I have been bugging Rick for years to publish his own article and now he has a lot more information and datapoints. It would be quite a booklet if he ever wrote it up. I have even offered to pay publishing costs!
              Hayden is abit of an expert on the Irish rising of 1798.
              By the way, aren't you getting married this weekend?
              If so, CONGRATS!! See you in the PPH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Schroeder
                Well I cannot access this page (and haven't been able to for over a week) - it leeps saying that the page is no longer available or has been moved. Suggestions...

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X