Bender Publishing...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bender Publishing...?

Does anyone have any new information about Bender Publishing? Ever since Roger's death this past January -- a tragic loss to the history and the militaria collecting community -- I have been hoping to see news about the future of his publishing business...will the business continue; will the book titles produced by Bender Publishing continue to be offered for sale; will "Military Advisor" continue to be produced; and many more questions? Any news on these subjects will be very welcome!

Br. James

Hello Br. James:

It looks as if they are considering continuing with the business but no clear info yet. I guess it depends on how you interpret "...keep the memory of Roger and RJ Bender Publishing alive". As per the website...

http://www.bender-publishing.com/Home.html

To RJ Bender Publishing Supporters,

As many of you know Roger Bender passed away in January of 2020. Roger was the soul of this publishing operation.

At this time, we are unable to process orders. However, please feel free to reach out to us if you have questions. We do ask that you be patient with us (the family). We have other full time jobs and this business was run by Roger. However, we are dedicated to keep the memory of Roger and RJ Bender Publishing alive.

We thank you for your support of Roger and RJ Bender Publishing. If there are updates and changes we will try to post on the website.

Again, thanks for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Family of Roger James Bender

Curt

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Does anyone have any new information about Bender Publishing? Ever since Roger's death this past January -- a tragic loss to the history and the militaria collecting community -- I have been hoping to see news about the future of his publishing business...will the business continue; will the book titles produced by Bender Publishing continue to be offered for sale; will "Military Advisor" continue to be produced; and many more questions? Any news on these subjects will be very welcome!

Br. James
      This week I got a new issue from the Military Advisor. It must have been in print
      and send to those subscribing.
      Was quite surprised by that. I think hardly anything will run. Mails are hardly or
      not answered.

Comment

Hello Wilhelm,

did you got the issue with the front cover and article on North Korean propaganda ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Steinbach View Post
          Hello Br. James:

It looks as if they are considering continuing with the business but no clear info yet. I guess it depends on how you interpret "...keep the memory of Roger and RJ Bender Publishing alive". As per the website...

http://www.bender-publishing.com/Home.html

To RJ Bender Publishing Supporters,

As many of you know Roger Bender passed away in January of 2020. Roger was the soul of this publishing operation.

At this time, we are unable to process orders. However, please feel free to reach out to us if you have questions. We do ask that you be patient with us (the family). We have other full time jobs and this business was run by Roger. However, we are dedicated to keep the memory of Roger and RJ Bender Publishing alive.

We thank you for your support of Roger and RJ Bender Publishing. If there are updates and changes we will try to post on the website.

Again, thanks for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Family of Roger James Bender

Curt
          Hi Curt, Hope you will continue in some manner. RJ Bender Pub was and is very important to the collecting community. I have several books. Thank You !

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
            Hello Wilhelm,

did you got the issue with the front cover and article on North Korean propaganda ?

See You

Vince

Yes, that is the one.

Comment

Last week I got a mail from Roger's asstent. No word about continueing. This is what he told me:

Today I will have access to Roger’s house for the first time since the end of January.
              Roger’s son, Jeff has flown in from across the country to begin some of these processes
              and I will be helpful in putting things together.

Please remain patient as we work to to return things to their rightful owners. You included.
              This is not going to be a fast process. There is too much to do in the short time we have.

Comment

Returning everything to their owners does not sound promising for the continuation of the business...

Comment

"This week I got a new issue from the Military Advisor. It must have been in print
                  and send to those subscribing."

Thanks for this, Wim. That is the 'Fall 2019' issue, Volume 30, Number 4 of "Military Advisor." I received my copy quite a while ago, though I didn't record when it arrived.

The loss of the work of Jeff Hansen, Clyde Davis, Blaine Taylor and so many other fine historians and authors is simply awful to consider, especially in relationship to our hobby! I sincerely hope there is some way of providing continued access to these and so many other authors' work...

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X