Tom Shutt's book and videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Shutt's book and videos

I have never seen Tom Shutt's book on dress and service hat of the III Reich. What does everyone think?? Any ideas??

How about the King Crown video series? Anyone have any ideas on those?? What is the value of these references?? Any repros in that lot?

Thanks all!

Can you elaborate on the "king crown" videos you mentioned? Video of what?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Greetings Guys!
      Have Shutt's book as well as his vidoes. Been a while since I last looked at either. My recollection of the book is that, like a lot of references produced early on, there are some factual errors. Pics are pretty good. Videos are much more interesting than the book. They depict uniforms and headgear of all branches of the German military of WWII. Can't say that everything is good as that would require close, first hand inspection by folks who are more knowledgeable than I am but there are some super pieces depicted. Believe the book which is out of print sells for well over $100. There are better books out there so unless you can find it cheap, save your money.

Best regards,
      Bill

[ 26 June 2001: Message edited by: William A. Bell ]

Comment

sorry about that, the Kings Crown videos came out, oh wow, probably about 10 years ago. Tom Shutt narated them and there were several tapes, broken into series, in several different subjects. Visor caps of the Army, WSS, Luftwaffe, and Kriegs were one set. Uniforms of the army Generals, ASS, and WSS were another. THey look really good to me, I just had never heard people mention them before.

Comment

I have the video on Army general's uniforms. It's ok in that it shows uniforms for known folks such as von Rundstedt and Rommel, but does not go into elaborate construction techniques. Same goes for 4 other videos I've seen on headgear from the same series.

BTW, what ever happened to Mr. Shutt? These things came on the market about the time I started collecting and I've never really heard anything about him since. What's he up to?

Drew

Comment

He's dead! Died while on a trip from AZ to CA. And, with all due respect to the deceased I found the books and the videos lacking. He was not shy of pulling a fast one in his dealings and made as many enemies as friends....just ask those who bought his "original" signed prints from his store in Orange County, CA

Comment

Hi folks,
              The King Crown Videos came out in 1985. I actually have all of them. I have not watched them for years though. They were pretty good, but very dull, I guess it was Schutt's narration.

Mr. Schutt did pass away a while ago, and yes he could and would pull a fast one.
              Regards,
              Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X