"The Lent Papers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Lent Papers"

Has anyone read this book about the Nachtjäger Helmut Lent, recipient of the Diamonds? Opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

Yes

Yes I read it last year, not as entertaining as Say Blond knight of Germany or Panzer commander, but still a good informative read.

Dan

Comment

Lent.

Dan, I would have to say that the book in question is worth every penny. The source material is direct from the family and surviving comrades. Excellent photographic content is suppoerted by the informative writing style of Peter Hinchliffe which makes for a very detailed account of this highly decorated Nachtjager. I much prefer this type of work to 'The Blond Knight' which I found irritating as it was written in the style of a boys adventure tale. Buy it and read it, you will not be disapointed.

Regards Richard.
      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input. I'm in a Luft mood so I think I'll get both "Blonde Knight" and "The Lent Papers". If you can think of other Luft bios I will be appreciative. Happy Fourth,

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X