Luftwaffe units books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe units books

Recently I have purchased a small Luftwaffe group and I was infected with the blue disease and now I want to know more about those crazy soldiers that prefered to fly than feeling the ground under his feet.

I need advise regarding books dealing with units, I prefer (to start) fighter units and books that covers also combat and careers of the pilots, if posible for determinated units and with a good amount of photos and period documents if posible.

Any help will be highly apreciated.

Thanks a lot

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Hey Angel,

there are a couple of pretty good books from Prien/Radeike about the JG 1,11, 53 and 77. These books contains every combat victory, the losses (MIA/KIA), the used airplanes and their markings and finally the officers, who lead these units. Beside the books from Prien/Radeike there a some from the "Motorbuchverlag" about the JG 5, 7, 26, 27, 52 and JG 300/301. Unfortunatly there are only a few about nightfighter-units and nothing about the heavy fighters so far. All of these books are german books. If you need any information from one of this units above send me a pm.

greetings walle

Originally posted by Angel Farré
    Recently I have purchased a small Luftwaffe group and I was infected with the blue disease and now I want to know more about those crazy soldiers that prefered to fly than feeling the ground under his feet.

I need advise regarding books dealing with units, I prefer (to start) fighter units and books that covers also combat and careers of the pilots, if posible for determinated units and with a good amount of photos and period documents if posible.

Any help will be highly apreciated.

Thanks a lot

Angel

Comment

Find Schiffer Publishing on the Internet, lots of Luft unit books in English. Eagle Editions just out with a new JG-300 book in English. Numerous books cover the aces as well.

Mark C. Yerger

Comment

The Prien work on JG53 exists in a huge three vol set by Schiffer that is well worth the cash...I use it all the time. The Eagle Editions work on JG 54/26 is also well worth having. Schiffer also has a English translation of the work on JG 300/301/302 that is good. It was written by the ace and RKT Willi Reschke

Comment

Try:

Green Hearts: The Men of of III/Jg 54 and Jg 26 Unite in Defence of Their Homeland 1944-45: First in Combat with the Dora 9

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...246211-3500453

Fantastic book!
          Matt

Comment

Thanks to all, I will start with this books and later increase my biblio.

Angel
            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X