Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Soldiers of World War Two

Dear Sirs.

Just wanted to inform you in case you haven't noticed...

Jean De Lagarde's book "German Soldier of WW2" has been rereleased from the publisher Histoire and Collections.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...373301-1370225

The book contains 160 pages of post-war colour pictures of men dressed in German uniforms and equipment. Some interesting equipment is shown: Pioneer SturmgepƤck, wire cutters, MG-42 accessories ect.

The book also shows a lot of medals and insignia. The pieces are very nice. I'll leave the the experts to find out if they are original.... (However there is a minor mistake - a RK is identified as a EKII. But it is clearly a wrong picture printed).

I find the book very good and hope you will enjoy it.

Kind regards
    Jakob

German Soldiers of WWII

Hello,
    I like the book very much. Very good pictures. I actually bought my original copy at a bookstore in Normandy in 1995.
    Regards,
    Jody

Comment

Hi Jody.

Thanks for answering. I had hoped a few more guys would write about the book. But at least you and I find it great.

Kind regards.
      Jakob

Comment

I just ordered a copy after looking for it like a year.

The book is filled with great pics!

Comment

This link may be of use
          http://livres.histoireetcollections....ndiales/1.html

Comment

Hello all,

after having the chance to leaf through a copy of this last week, it would seem to only have 4 new compositions contained in the revised reprint.

If you have never owned a copy it's worthwhile to have, but if you have the original printing it isn't worth getting this version alas....

A bit of a missed opportunity i think.

Patrick.

Comment

I don't own the book myself, but I have lent the first print several times from a collector in my area. Although it looks nice, I must note here that Jean Delagarde hasn't got the greatest reputation in Europe (in a positive way I mean ). He's linked to the infamous "HSC company"...which has been discussed before on this forum.
              Putting high-end fakes for review in "militaria-magazine" and afterwards selling it via HSC...that's how this little weasel fooled many honest collectors in the past.

remember this link?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=delagarde

Cheers

Jan
              Last edited by Jan Beazaer; 06-18-2005, 01:57 PM.
              'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Hi Jan,

you make a good point.

Thankfully "militaria" magazine seems to have cut links with said individual and put itself back on course.

That is why i think it was a missed opportunity.....the chance to amend past mistakes was there for the taking.

I still think it is worth buying if only to give some collecting ideas, it should not of course be used as a single reference.

Patrick.

Comment

German Soldiers of WWII

Hello,
                  I am aware of the problems with the book and of reproductions in it. I like it for several reasons, I like the color pictures of the men wearing the uniforms. I paint 32mm and 120mm figures and I find books like this very useful.

Still there are some great pictures in there. I feel it is worth owning.
                  Regards,
                  Jody

Comment

Yes I agree, I dident know about the wrongs, but somewhy this book better, than any book with painted pictures.
                    Hopefully I will have my copy today or tomorrow

Comment

Got my book today, and its great, a lot of nice items on photos, good photos to, in colour.
                      But as you said, there might be some misstakes in it, like a certain DAK helmet which Im not so sure about.
                      Also below a pic of a RK, it says its a Ek2.

Comment

Dear Sirs.

Thank you all for the posts. This is what is so great about a forum - someone allways have some information.
                        I didn't know about the writers "history". But as allways one have to be sceptical when it comes to history facts - if you where not there, how will you know.

It would be interesting to list all the mistakes and fakes dicovered in the book. Please post your "findings".

I didn't have the 1 edition, so the second edition is my first view of the book, and I find it worth owning.

Again thank you very much for the postings.

Kind regards
                        Jakob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X