Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 2 Demo

Hi Guys,

Don't know if this has already been posted, but the demo of BF2 has just been released.

You can get it from:
    http://www.download.com/3002-7452_4-10404526.html?tag=dir

Can't comment on what it's like yet as only getting 128KB/Sec so got another hour of download left.

Regards,

Mark.

"Recommended Specification:
    CPU: 2.4 Ghz
    RAM: 1 Gb
    Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM"

i'll have to build a new computer if i want to play it...

Comment

After about 6 hours of downloading thanks to all these servers that are stuffed full with people getting the demo, I was finally able to retrieve it! It's pretty good, I'd love to hear everyone else's opinion on it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepeleptic
        After about 6 hours of downloading thanks to all these servers that are stuffed full with people getting the demo, I was finally able to retrieve it! It's pretty good, I'd love to hear everyone else's opinion on it too!
        It seems to run OK.

I need to play it some more (takes a lot to get me away from Call of Duty GFM!).

To run well it will need a powerful PC. 2Gb of RAM would probably be better.

With 1Gb, my swapfile is still being accessed a lot at the beginning of the round.

Then again, it's not a full relasae yet. Maybe there's some more tweaking to be had before it hits the shelves.

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepeleptic
          I played the beta and it ran really well for me. I'm hoping to get my hands on the file this week. Certainly a very interesting game.

Comment

It is awesome....... and nice that you can capture points with out exiting the vehicles

Ian

Peter whats the latest on Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl

Comment

Hmmm........

Downloaded it, installed it...........but could not get it to run........
              Hit the 'start single player button' and that was as far as i could get.
              I have 3.6 chip 1000mb ram and an ATI 9800 pro card...........

Maybe it was a corrupt download.

Steve.

Comment

Recommended Specification:
                CPU: 2.4 Ghz
                RAM: 1 Gb
                Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM

i dont wanna sell my collection to play this

Comment

I am playing it on my laptop that only has 512 ram, with a 128 mb video card, the graphics aren't on the highest settings, but it works for me either ways. I can't wait for the retail version so I can make my way up the ranks

Comment

Looks, feels and plays exactly like Joint Ops. Infantry weapon hit model is better though.

Pity they can't iron the bugs out on the option screens...it's full of them. And they crash the game...just selecting a button can bring it to a complete halt. Sometimes can't even alt-tab out or bring up Task Manager.

Comment

Great graphics and smoothe game play this afternoon. I stink at it of course but over time I'll learn the new command keys. Interesting at times I feel like I am firing BB's at the other team.

Once the WW2 modders get things going at Forgotten Hope I'm not sure I'll be able to pull myself away.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X