Movie Downfall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Downfall?

Guys i was in Dublin ,and i didnt realise that the movie Downfall was in the cinemas.Does anyone know when its being released in the uk which includes n.ireland?Thankyou James/Ireland.

Hi James,

The movie is out at this present time across England, and it should be in a reasonably large theatre near you. I saw it and thought it was a chilling account of the events what happened. I would easily say better than House of wax

Cheers and have a good day.

Comment

Does anyone know when it will be released in the US on DvD?

Comment

Video ETA http://videoeta.com/ has it listed as an August 2nd 2005 DVD release in North America
        Last edited by Greg Kubasek; 05-31-2005, 12:33 PM.

Comment

The movie is out in the US. I saw it in the theater a few weeks ago. Well worth seeing.

Comment

Greg .... I checked that site .. guess what else is released in August?

http://videoeta.com/movie/73383

Comment

I was thinking Sin City.. but that one looks like a must buy!

Originally posted by h009291
              Greg .... I checked that site .. guess what else is released in August?

http://videoeta.com/movie/73383

Comment

Hi Guys,

Getting to see this film in the UK at present is near impossible. It's got almost no distribution at all. You can wait for the UK DVD. Or...if you want to watch Downfall (Der Untergang) now and not wait until it's released here. The link below will take you to the German special edition DVD which has English subtitles. If you speak German then you can also watch the extras. Don't be tempted to buy the German standard edition it doesn't have English subtitles.

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...779397-8913622

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mumby
                  Hi James,

The movie is out at this present time across England, and it should be in a reasonably large theatre near you. I saw it and thought it was a chilling account of the events what happened. I would easily say better than House of wax

Cheers and have a good day.
                  Tom good to hear its out in England ,that usually means we will get it soon.Great that you thought it was good ,thats all the more reason for me seeing it.As for the house of wax(enough said)good luck James/Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott H
                    Does anyone know when it will be released in the US on DvD?
                    Scott ,there are loads of them for sale on ebay ,and they have english subtitles,dubbed from the german.Good luck James/Ireland.PS AND SOME OF THEM ARE SUITED TO YOUR REGION.

Comment

From what I can find out, the official DVD release in the UK is 05/09/2005.

I managed to catch it at a small cinima near to home (they only ran it for a week).

After searching around Bavaria for it, I couldn't find the UK Subtitle version (Untertitel) so bought it from Amazon.de when I returned. (As per the link from Weedy.)

Well worth a purchase.

Regards,

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesmccann
                        Scott ,there are loads of them for sale on ebay ,and they have english subtitles,dubbed from the german.Good luck James/Ireland.PS AND SOME OF THEM ARE SUITED TO YOUR REGION.
                        James, I think you mean these have English subtitles. Dubbed means it has a English language track where the dialog was re-recorded by different actors. The Downfall will not have a dubbed version to the best of my knowledge.

And Scott, the American version is coming in August. The ones on eBay are Region 2, which will not play on American (region 1) DVD players.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will wait until Aug. for it's release and not risk getting something that won't work in my DvD player. I hope it has a special features section that will show the making of the movie.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X