Sound of Music-The Nazis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound of Music-The Nazis

Next year my High School is going to present the "Sound of Music" (primarily the female lead has a killer voice), anyway I was asked to help with the costuming of the Nazis. Admittingly I have not seen the movie since it was first released and vague on the details.

In the film/musical who represented the Germans? SS,Kriegsmarine, Heer, Gestapo, Police?

What was/were the corresponding uniform(s)?

Even though I own the DVD (don't ask ) its been a while since I watched it.

The Germans depicted in it though are SA so it should be be easy to throw together representative "uniforms"

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
      Even though I own the DVD (don't ask ) its been a while since I watched it.

The Germans depicted in it though are SA so it should be be easy to throw together representative "uniforms"

Greg
      AH! then the uniforms would of course be brown?

Comment

I would imagine you could get away with brown trousers a brown dress type shirt and a cheap repro armband and that would be good enough to be believable for the audience. I guess it depends on what your wardrobe budget is

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
          I would imagine you could get away with brown trousers a brown dress type shirt and a cheap repro armband and that would be good enough to be believable for the audience. I guess it depends on what your wardrobe budget is
          The director wants to be correct as possible, particularly with the trousers (Jodphurs,plus 4 style) with high boots and all.

Comment

Don't forget the SS!

There is at least one scene with the SS and a Gestapo member, right before the family performs on stage. I think there might even be a scene or reference to the SS executing deserters. I hope your play doesn't carry on this far regarding authenticity to the movie . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Long
              There is at least one scene with the SS and a Gestapo member, right before the family performs on stage. I think there might even be a scene or reference to the SS executing deserters. I hope your play doesn't carry on this far regarding authenticity to the movie . . . . .
              I don't think so, but I haven't seen the script yet.

Comment

Good luck

Hello,

Good luck, it sounds like a fun project.

William Kramer
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Charlie,

Sounds like a fun project, best of luck. Very suprised that in this day and age (especially at a public school) that the producer would want uniforms as "authentic" as possible. I would have expected NO insignia or at the most - a baltic or iron cross instead of swastikas on the armbands..... Repro armbands are plentiful online (some people are actually honest and sell them as repros ) for about $5. Try going to Sgt. Gators Surplus (Boring, Oregon) for the "brown shirts" and other uniform items. They have alot of military surplus at very resonable prices. You may be able to find some old US or European stuff that would pass. I do remember a couple years ago they had East German "Jackboots" - used, at a very reasonable price. They also had military ties and such that you could use and I even remember old swiss tunics at one time. If they still have the swiss tunics, get one and die it black for your SS man. It's worth a try. I would have suggested Andy and Bax in Portland... but they are spendy and tend to go after the hippie/yuppie camping crowd now.

Your in Aloha right? I would definately pass on Aloha Surplus - even though it's close. Garbage dump with Beverly Hills prices.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X