Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book reccomendations for the Ardennes and Battle of the Bulge

x
    Last edited by Matt Starr; 08-28-2006, 04:51 AM.

If you were not aware of this site Matt I apologise for the bashing your credit card is about to receive. Just about everything that they do is awesome.

http://www.afterthebattle.com/bobulge.html

Cheers,
    David.

At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

x

Comment

I can't see you regretting the decision Matt.

Cheers,
        David.
        At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Like David says you cannot go wrong with anything published by ATB

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

The best.

There is none better , I have picked up three of their heavy weights in the past few months - three more to go and their WW2 publications I will have intotal.
            Expensive but money well spent- they will travel will over the passage of time.
            Those which I bought back in the mid 80's are still fresh today.

Comment

As per the other posts, you just can't go wrong with "Battle of the Bulge Then and Now."

I might also suggest:

"The Devil's Adjutant: Jochen Peiper, Panzer Leader" by Michael Reynolds (Sarpedon publishing). Focuses on 1. SS-PanzerDivision.

"Battle of the Bulge in Luxembourg: Vol 1 The Germans" by Roland Gaul. The author is one of the curators of the Diekirch Museum.

"Battle of the Bulge: Hitler's Ardennes Offensive, 1944-1945" by Danny S. Parker (Combined Books publishing).

Regards,
              Greg
              sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
              www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Battle of the Bulge

Hello,
                Another good read is "A Time for Trumpets" by Charles Macdonald.
                Regards,
                Jody

Comment

x

Comment

From a soldiers perspective and a book that is well researched is

The Key to the Buldge: The Battle for Losheimergraben by Stephen Rusiecki. I read the book, walked the ground and met the author.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X