"Panfilov's 28 Men"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Panfilov's 28 Men"

I just came across this recent Russian film surfing through YouTube, which has the entire movie available at no cost.
    The subject is the Russian defense outside of Moscow in November,1941.
    It is based, unfortunately, on Soviet propoganda that purported to portray a fictional action as having actually occurred.
    Still, I thought was well made, not really poltically slanted and the German tanks, CG of course, looked pretty well done to me; they were historically accurate MkIII's and short barreled MkIV's.
    Worth the two hours it runs, IMHO.

Bob Shoaf

Have seen this Bob, this is a great movie and very well done awesome battle scene's

One of the better Russian made movies.

Panfilovs 28.JPG

Comment

If you liked Panifolov's 28 Men, I believe that White Tiger (2012) is also available via YouTube.

Comment

"White Tiger" is not really good. Too far from reality. Too much Hollywood drama so to say. "Panfilov's 28 men" (or "Battle for Moscow" as it is sold in the west) is a good movie indeed.

Some other recommendable Russian movies are:
        - Convoy 48 (or Koridor bessmertiya in Russian) from 2019
        - Tankers (or Nesokrushimyy in Russian) from 2018
        - Saving Leningrad (or "Battle for Leningrad" - which is about barge 752 crossing Lake Ladoga) from 2019
        - Brest Fortress (or Brestskaya krepost in Russian) from 2010
        - Road to Berlin (or Doroga na Berlin in Russian) from 2015

I am not into overproduced, far from reality, over-computerised propaganda movies. Instead I like good stories and movies that look believable. Those recommendations listed above fit in just fine

Comment

I just watched it and liked it. J

Comment

I recently watched it and there were some awesome battle scenes and uncommon Russian weapons depicted. Although the German tanks were CGI, I saw two interesting things. First was the use of swastika vehicle recognition flags on the tanks and I could swear I saw some sort of Soviet standard / flag casually draped like a souvenir on one of the German tanks turrets. Did anyone else catch that or do I need to watch it again but without beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
              "White Tiger" is not really good. Too far from reality. Too much Hollywood drama so to say. "Panfilov's 28 men" (or "Battle for Moscow" as it is sold in the west) is a good movie indeed.

Some other recommendable Russian movies are:
              - Convoy 48 (or Koridor bessmertiya in Russian) from 2019
              - Tankers (or Nesokrushimyy in Russian) from 2018
              - Saving Leningrad (or "Battle for Leningrad" - which is about barge 752 crossing Lake Ladoga) from 2019
              - Brest Fortress (or Brestskaya krepost in Russian) from 2010
              - Road to Berlin (or Doroga na Berlin in Russian) from 2015

I am not into overproduced, far from reality, over-computerised propaganda movies. Instead I like good stories and movies that look believable. Those recommendations listed above fit in just fine
              Well put! After further reflection, White Tiger does seem to come off as a tad too much of a Hollywood drama.

I've only seen "Brest Fortress" from your list, it's definitely worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
                I just came across this recent Russian film surfing through YouTube, which has the entire movie available at no cost.
                The subject is the Russian defense outside of Moscow in November,1941.
                It is based, unfortunately, on Soviet propoganda that purported to portray a fictional action as having actually occurred.
                Still, I thought was well made, not really poltically slanted and the German tanks, CG of course, looked pretty well done to me; they were historically accurate MkIII's and short barreled MkIV's. Worth the two hours it runs, IMHO. Bob Shoaf
                I watched this as 'Battle for Moscow' on Amazon Prime and agree that it is worth a watch. Although the Soviet propaganda element is heroic in the extreme, it is very well made nevertheless and comes accross far better than some of the recent Hollywood 'epics'.

Just my 2p.
                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X