New Book about the 4th SS Panzer Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Book about the 4th SS Panzer Corps

My new book about the 4th SS Panzer Corps, titled "From the Realm of a Dying Sun" (Volume 1) was published at the end of January 2020 by Casemate Publishing. This volume covers its history from its inception in August 1943 until the end of the Battle of Modlin in November 1944 (volume II will cover the period from December 1944 until May 1945, including the various campaigns in Hungary). If you are interested in learning more about the book, you can click on Casemate's preview link here at https://textcafe.co/books/tgmx2b/?1579699835040 or you can go and check it out a Amazon.com at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...5-cd78f07a84d8. It is available for sale at both locations, naturally.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Doug Nash; 03-17-2020, 11:21 AM. Reason: Add photos

Back Cover

Here's the back cover of the book -
    Attached Files

Comment

From the Realm of a Dying Sun

Although it is not a photo book, but rather a serious unit & campaign study, I do include a number of photographs that have not been published before, many from the aide-de-camp of Herbert Otto Gille, the corps commander. Here are a few of them:
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Doug
        Reading it at the moment exelent job.

Mark V

Comment

Just bought the book yesterday. I look forward to reading another excellent history written by Doug. Mike

Comment

Riveting and Informative

The author’s extensive experience in both senior command and staff positions in the US Army together with his deep knowledge of the German military during World War II gave him a clear understanding of what he was writing about. This enabled him to place the events associated with the IV.SS-Panzer Corps in an appropriate context that is understandable to the reader. The text is riveting and one can begin to understand the incredible hardships that the German military was experiencing. Not only does the author do a good job of explaining the different command and staff elements of the IV.SS-Panzer Corps, but goes on to describe in detail about the combat actions of the “Wiking” and “Totenkopf” divisions as well as attached Army units to include a disciplinary battalion. The author did a superior job of exploiting period documents along with post-war German military studies to develop his narrative. This well-written book is very readable and I look forward to reading Volume 2.

Comment

IV ss pz korps

bought it a couple weeks ago. nibbling my way through it. i had zero knowledge of these battles so its a pleasant surprise. a thorough account of wiking and totenkopf in the battles outside warsaw. i pre-orderd vol. 2

Comment

Hello Doug,

I own and really enjoyed "Hell's Gate" and "Victory was Beyond their Grasp", so I plan to order a copy of your new title soon.

Keep up the excellent work.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X