StG44 on Narcos: Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StG44 on Narcos: Mexico

Did anyone else catch Season 2 of Narcos: Mexico? The fourth episode began with a member of one of the Mexican cartels taking out a StG44 and shooting it in a park.

Given that the armorers for the show supplied numerous AK47s and M16s I found it an interesting choice. But it was pretty cool.

Hello,

It's the beginning of episode 5, not 4. Great music also during that scene.

Comment

I will check it.

The aerodrome scenes are filmed less than a mile from here. We have the Cessnas flying over our house sometimes. A small community airport.

Some of the real time characters are still under house arrest a live near here also in the area.

CheeRS!

Markus.

Comment

Comment

Haven't seen the show yet, but in the case looks like the Maschinenkarabiner 42(H)
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maschinenkarabiner_42(H)

Comment

Hello, I also noticed it some where in later season one while they were loading up a bus. I thought I was imagining it.
            Best, Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
              Hello, I also noticed it some where in later season one while they were loading up a bus. I thought I was imagining it.
              Best, Bill
              I just noticed this while watching S1:E3! Seems like an odd choice of firearm for the cartel.

Perhaps he is a collector? Wonder if this soldado is a member here on the forum? LOL
              -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Wow . . . . heck of a difference between a Stg.44 (as listed in the heading) and the actual subject matter . . . a Mkb42(H). Also, IMO, you really ought to consider having this post moved to the "Firearms" forum; I think that will prompt more substantive discussion. Sure would love to know the history of how a prototype WWII German "assault rifle" ended up in Mexico!

Comment

My guess is that it has little to do with what actually occured. The props department probably grabbed whatever looked like an AK-47 for the scene as 99% of the viewers would have no idea the difference. This plus how horribly unrealistic the shoot out scenes were in the series leads me in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by leaftree View Post
                    My guess is that it has little to do with what actually occured. The props department probably grabbed whatever looked like an AK-47 for the scene as 99% of the viewers would have no idea the difference. This plus how horribly unrealistic the shoot out scenes were in the series leads me in that direction.
                    I think your right, most people see a banana magazine and bingo must be an AK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X