Hobie Pirough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobie Pirough

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Hobie Pirough, known as user Sgstandard on the forum. Hobie was a forum member on the WAF and had joined the forum in 2008. Hobie was a Vietnam veteran and passed away on 04 July 2019 from cancer. He visited the WAF as much as he could and was a great forum contributor over the years.

WAF user account background: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...er.php?u=26472

Collecting interests: Hobie's collecting interests involved SA and SS and he further showed an interest related to Japanese collectables.

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Very sad to lose him. He was a very active contributor to this forum. My condolences to his family.
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

When I got the call from his son saying he had passed, I was shocked. He had been sick for awhile and I knew he hadn't much time left but I thought it was more than what it was.

We talked just about everyday and I'm going to miss his knowledge about the hobby and many other things. If you ever had the chance to talk with him, you know he was a character. Rest easy friend, I'll miss ya.

Sydney

Comment

Really shocked to know that Sgstandard has gone. Sad news. He was a regular forum member.

Mil

Comment

Sad to read this today. Hobie helped me when buying my first SA kepi and we messaged each other quite a bit. As my interests changed we talked less until we naturally stopped.

I wish I’d kept the contact going. I didn’t realise he was a Vietnam War vet.

Rest in Peace.

Comment

Yes, sad to see this news. Hobie and I exchanged PMs and email notes for quite a while. He was a gentleman and a collector/historian with great integrity, and we always miss those qualities among our colleagues here. May he rest in peace, knowing how well he was regarded in this life, and may his family be comforted in their great loss.

Br. James

Comment

An old name I'll miss seeing. Sad to see this more and more since I started back in the early 90s. Condolences to his family and to borrow a phrase from the Vietnam era crowd, what a super bummer. RIP.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X