Dick Pumphrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dick Pumphrey

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Dick Pumphrey, he was known as user Dick Pumphrey on the forum. Dick was a forum member on the WAF and had joined the forum on in May 2002. Dick passed away on 7 February 2019. He was known as a long time, old school collector.

WAF user account background: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=1265

Collecting interests: Dick's collecting interests involved Collector of FILM-FOTO-VERLAG Knights Cross postcards.

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread): http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=993806
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

I am sorry to hear of his loss. He was a hell of a nice guy. We had a very nice transaction where we got to know one another a little.

Strange enough, his account was logged in on the 8th of March...

Comment

Paul,

His son has been PMing messages out to those who knew him.

Gary B
      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
        I am sorry to hear of his loss. He was a hell of a nice guy. We had a very nice transaction where we got to know one another a little.

Strange enough, his account was logged in on the 8th of March...
        Thank you Paul. Yes I am his son Chris. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Dick bought from me at least 30 to 40 years ago, so we were among the old timers. He will be missed.

Comment

RIP Dick. Some years ago, I came in contact with Dick and he told me great stories about his friendship with GFM Hasso von Manteuffel and other Knights cross holders...

Sad to hear he passed away.

martin

Comment

I knew him, but we never met. We both collected signed knights cross winner photos back in the day when many were still alive. We talked on the phone several times, and I think I bought some German items from him. This was years ago, back in the 80's I think. He was an avid collector and fun to talk with.

RIP Dick.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X