Passing of Willi Schumacher W-SS Uniform Collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing of Willi Schumacher W-SS Uniform Collector

I recently learned that my good friend Willi Schumacher passed away on the 6th of December after a long illness and numerous health problems. Willi lived in Manassas, VA and was an US Navy Veteran having served on the aircraft carrier Bonhomie Richard. Services with Military honors is scheduled for 29 December at Quantico, VA. Willi loved W-SS uniforms and went to great efforts to display his collection at various venues to attempt to educate the public. Good bye old friend!

Thank you for posting.
    R.I.P. Willi.
    Ralph.

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
      RIP.
      Eric

Comment

Damm that is bad news me and willi go back a long way....as well as on this forum ...I will miss my old friend.....RIP

Comment

Very sad to hear this.

RIP

Comment

I just found out a couple of days ago. We had contact some years back. He told about his time in the navy, visiting Kristiansand, Norway and lots of uniform talk. A very nice down to earth guy with lots of knowledge.
            Rest in peace.

Comment

I met Willi a couple of times back when I lived in Northern Virginia. He was a nice guy. Friendly and knowledgeable. R.I.P.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Very sad news indeed. I met Willi a few times at various shows. A very nice guy! May Willi R.I.P.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Sad news

RIP Willi 😢

Steve

Comment

Sorry to hear it, Willi was one of the collecting pioneers and a truly nice man

Comment

Sorry to hear this...Willi was a heck of a nice guy.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by mwliles View Post
                        I recently learned that my good friend Willi Schumacher passed away on the 6th of December after a long illness and numerous health problems. Willi lived in Manassas, VA and was an US Navy Veteran having served on the aircraft carrier Bonhomie Richard. Services with Military honors is scheduled for 29 December at Quantico, VA. Willi loved W-SS uniforms and went to great efforts to display his collection at various venues to attempt to educate the public. Good bye old friend!
                        Willi was a very good friend of mine and it saddens me that he passed. He taught me alot about collecting. I was privileged enough to get to speak with him the Saturday before his death. Even at death's door, we spoke 40 minutes about collecting. I know that he is happy now because he is back with his belated wife.

He will be buried with full military honors at Quantico National Military Cemetery.

Comment

Willi was a truely nice fellow who was always willing to take the time to talk or share information. I, and many others, will miss him.

Bob Hritz
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Such sad news.

I met Willi 20 years ago when I was heavy into W-SS collecting. Even though I've long since move on from W-SS, we remained friends. I will very much miss his emails excitedly announcing his lastest acquisition. A top notch guy with a top notch collection.

John

Comment

Will miss his passion for the hobby. Always willing to discuss, and share knowledge. Rest in peace, Willi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X