Ronnie Fry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronnie Fry

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Association member Ronnie Fry recently passed away after battling cancer October 2017. Ronnie had been a member of this forum since 12 August 2003.

WAF user account background: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=2912

Known background of collector:

Collecting interests: Ronnie collecting interests were WWII weapons and militaria-BMW Motorcycles.

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=933146
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

He will be missed. I always enjoyed his knowledgeable posts.
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Rest in peace Ronnie.
      When you go home
      Tell them for us and say
      For your tomorrow
      We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
      Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Passing of Ronnie Fry

I first met Mr. Ronnie Fry a number of years ago at the Show of Shows in Louisville, Kentucky. Several collector friends and I met Ronnie at this show and we kind of adopted him into our group of friends. We met up with Ronnie at subsequent Show of Shows for the next several years and we all became friends, awaiting the next show to pal around with him again. Ronnie stopped coming to the SOS several years ago and our group sorely missed him. He was a true Texas Gentleman, a pleasure to know and be considered as one of his friends. It was my pleasure having known him, but all too briefly. I will truly miss him. RIP Ronnie.

Comment

Ronnie was a great guy. May he R.I.P.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Sad news indeed.
            I never met him personally, but I have the privilege of exchange several messages with during all these years, as we both have a common interest on collectable firearms. He was one of the few members that I added as a "friend" in my profile.
            He was a very fine man - that kind that we have fewer among us everyday - and it will be surely missed.
            Rest in peace Ronnie.

Comment

Ronnie fry

Ronnie Fry, Was a great person. He would meet up with Robbie Farrell, Myself, Barry Edwards, Logan Edwards, Anthony Britt , Dorlin Kerr, Ronnie Wilson and Mark Swartzburg at many SOS shows in Louisville over the years. We would roam the show looking for German WW2 rifles and other military Items. We also had many good suppers with him. One that I remember in particular was at the First Quarter in Louisville. Every one ordered 35.00$ , rib eyes and all the fixings and tons of beer and mixed drinks, except Robbie and he ordered a hamburger steak, and tea. We went to pay and Ronnie picked up the bill and thank all of us for making him part of the group...Again He will be greatly missed by me and all that knew him... BILL GRIST CONCORD, N.C.

Comment

May he rest in piece, I enjoyed Ronnie's posts and some stories we exchanged threw e-mail and private messages.

Regards,
                -Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X