Craig W. C. Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig W. C. Brown

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Craig W. C. Brown. Craig was a member of this forum going back 26 April 2002 when he joined. Craig died suddenly on 02 March 2016. http://www.brownandhickey.com/obitua...dge-MA/1595779

WAF user account background: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=1233

Collecting interests: German martial arms, uniforms and equipment 1640-1945; specializing in the period 1919-1933 and in Volkssturm materiel

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Craig (CB) was first and foremost a trained historian who also happened to collect historical items. For me - he represented all that was good about collecting and collectors. CB and his best friend Peter and I were fortunate to attend this past SOS and had a wonderful time. The dinner we shared at SOS was like many others we had - filled with learning, stories and laughs. His lifelong collection has been donated to his favorite museums so others can benefit. A fine legacy befitting such a man. He will be missed dearly.

Scott

Comment

Craig was an extremely knowledgeable historian and collector. He was an expert regarding German Small Arms, late-war militaria, and the Deutscher Volkssturm. Craig was also an authority on German Imperial Colonial units; especially those deployed to Africa. He was always willing to help other collectors by sharing his knowledge and answering questions. I think at times i must have worn him out with my inquires. I consider him a mentor as well as a friend. The amount of knowledge lost in his passing is truly incredible. RIP friend .....

Comment

That is indeed sad news. I am sorry to hear this and offer my condolences to his family and friends.
        We corresponded regarding the Standschutzen which I would consider him more knowledgeable than anyone I ever met. I always appreciated his shared knowledge and opinions on the subject.

Comment

i am very sad...we had so many email contacts after the SOS.....i learned so much from him.....may he rest in peace

my condolences

Jens

Comment

Craig was a well-respected, passionate, and dedicated collector. I always enjoyed seeing photos of his displays. His presence will be missed in this hobby.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Craig and a good friend of his, at this past SOS. We sat and spoke about German arms, along with the ggp40 & the spigot launcher he had on display, for little over an hour. Literally felt like 2 minutes worth of time as it sailed by. The knowledge and incredible stories he and his friend had to share were a highlight for me, at this years SOS. I only got to know Craig for that short time in this life, but he will be an individual that will be missed greatly, I am sure, by many. Condolences to his friends & family.

Comment

Can someone post a pic of him?
                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X