Mike Dalton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Dalton

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Mike Dalton, member on this forum. He had been a member of the WAF since 30 May 2007. He passed away 05 June 2013. He was known to have piloted cargo planes during his life.

WAF user account background:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...er.php?u=20399

Collecting interests:

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

I just heard about Mike passing from another Southern California collector friend last week. I was very shocked.

Mike was the first militaria "dealer" I ever met. He wasn't a true dealer, more of a collector who just sold stuff to support his hobby, but one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet.

Unfortunately due to his career as a pilot, he was never able to make it to any of the Southern California Collector gatherings we put on several times a year, but he was always trying to join us.

A regular attendee at the Southern California shows, he will be greatly missed.

Comment

Wow, that's a shock. It's been several years since I saw him but he was one of the most pleasant people you'd meet at a show. He wasn't very old--does anyone know what happened?
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Mike would occasionally come over and set up at the Crossroads Show in Phoenix and that's where I met him. I agree with the assessment that he was more of a collector than a dealer. I remember buying a P38 holster from him at one of these shows. He was always a pleasant and knowledgeable person to talk to.
        Jim

Comment

I just now saw this, I am shocked and saddened. I considered Mike a friend. RIP.
          HC

Comment

Shocking news, Mike and his good friend Warren were great to hang around at Pomona and the SOS(also the OC gun show). Mike treated you just like family, allways to offer a place to sit and have a cold one. I remember meeting both of them at the old San Diego show. Mike was a DAK guy, allways displaying his collection and sharing info with you. I still have his home made business card:

Collector, Appraiser, Self Appointed Expert!

RIP and God bless your family,
            Frank

Comment

Mike Dalton

WOW!!!! I am really shocked - what a great guy...so down to earth....and very young!!!! My sincere condolences to Mike's family and friends.

Mike you will really be missed - rest in peace!!!

Comment

Mike

Just heard last night from another friend, that Mike is gone. He to was a friend, we shared tables at the ASMIC Bellflower show in San Diego, and now that I travel, the news is slow in getting through. God Bless my friend, I know your in a better place. You will be missed.
                Last edited by STUG III; 08-27-2013, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Hello, I agree with all comments. It hurts to hear of his passing. Always a pleasant encounter, he was an eager collector. I morn his passing. Best, Bill Bourque

Comment

I was going through an old box today and found an old business card from mike
                    You are rembered mate
                    Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP, remember him well when I lived in SoCal from the Pomona shows

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X