John VD Heijden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John VD Heijden

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: John Van Der Heijden was also known on the forum by his user name JOHN VD HEIJDEN. John was a LIFE MEMBER of this forum and had been a member from 14 September 2002. He passed away 27 January 2013. Further, here is his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/john.vanderheijden.14?fref=ts

WAF user account background:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=1567

Known background of collector:

Collecting interests:
    bevo eagle's (insignia)

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=649373
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Truly sad to hear about his passing, the WAF lost an amazing resource on insignia and more importantly an amazing person. RIP John! Safe travels ahead. Matt

Comment

John was the "go to" guy when it came to Bevo insignia. He would take the time to answer any and all questions. A great loss within our collecting community. RIP and thanks for your help along the way.

Chet
      Zinc stinks!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Dinj6yF4U

Comment

Farewell John - THANK YOU.

RIP

Paul

Comment

What a tempting video - Ruhe in Frieden.

So young...

Comment

we will miss you

Comment

Although I did not know John personally, I spoke with him quite often via the Forum,great guy...My sincerest condolences to his Family and friends.

Rest in Peace John.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Man

I am so sad. I communicated with him several times and he was so kind. I show him a general bevo cockade and he was so excited and thanked me for showing him the photos. He had knowledge and passion

My sincere condolenced to his family

Comment

I'm sorry to hear a fellow pashionated collecting Dutchmen has passed away at a very young age.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends

Rust in vrede John.

Regards

Erwin

Comment

This is sad news...I didn't knew John that personal either but had some contacts through the board with him, especially in the early days.

Allow me to express my sincerest condolences to his family and friends and wish them all the strength needed in these difficult times

John, rest in peace now...

Jan
                      'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

John

Hello,
                        Like many here I did not know John personally, but I had e-mail contact with him on several occasions in regards to some tropical cloth that I have. John was always very helpful.

John passed at such a young age. I want to give my condolences to John's family-very sad.

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

rust zacht John

Comment

may I ask if an accident happened or a health issue

Comment

Robert, since it is out in the open and on facebook ( but written in Dutch ) I think I can post it here. Tragically John took his own life....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X