Richard Peacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Peacher

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Richard Peacher also known on the forum as Richard P., he was a member of this forum. He had been a member of this forum since 17 January 2006. He passed away on 14 August 2012.

WAF user account background:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=9848

Known background of collector:

Collecting interests:
    Wrappers like HG
    Polizei branches
    Panzer
    CBI items and flight helmets

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=614054
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Ralph.... thank you for setting this up. I know Richard would not want all of this attention, but he rightfully deserves the accolades.

Richard, Smitty and I often carpooled to the Los Angeles area to attend the SoCal Collectors meetings. After spending hours on the road, you really learn a lot about a person and this was indeed the case with Richard.

I understand Richard irritated some folks with his views and beliefs especially when it came to different wraps, but I learned Richard had vast knowledge in this area and he was passionate about our hobby and the people who participated in it.

Richard was straightforward and genuine. Something you rarely see these days...especially in our world of collecting TR Militaria. Our community lost one of the old guards and I lost a friend who I will miss for a longtime.

Mark

Comment

Like Mark said, he was a great guy and we enjoyed seeing him at our California Collector meetings.

We will miss you Richard!

Comment

Rip

My sympathies go out to everyone he knew, he sounds like a great guy.

Peto the point

Comment

A nice guy with some nice wrappers he shared with us. May God bless you and your family.
          RIP Richard

Comment

God Bless Richard.
            He had a great knowledge about artillery wraps, we passed much time to exchange opinion about Betr. Ra. sturmg. wraps and differences with other manufacture of 1944-1945.

He loved so well this thematic and he was so funny, I will remember it for a long time.

We lost a great collector with a great and own specific knowledge.

Comment

I can hardly believe it...we shared many emails and PMs a phone call or two....a very decent person. Very sad.

Comment

wow...very sad. Richard was always cheerful and kind, he will be missed. My condolences for his family.

Comment

He was a TOP guy always willing to help, He looked so well at the SOS earlier this year, Now his gone..

He will be Missed by Many !!!!!!!!!

RIP MATE !!!!!!!!

Mike ....

Australia....

Comment

I will miss you Richard. RIP
                    Jeff
                    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Me too. Every time I see his name it still saddens me. Never met or spoke with him but always liked him - smart and funny guy. RIP buddy.

Comment

re: Richard

While I never had an opportunity to meet Richard, he and I exchanged several emails over the past 8 months or so. As a new collector, he spent the time to respond to my many emails and gave me helpful hints and tips on collecting in general, and to help me start into panzer wraps.

I had been hoping to meet him at the next SOS, where he was going to introduce me to some of his friends and fellow collectors of wraps to show me ''good" from ''bad" close up. It was my hope to purchase a couple "good" ones at the SOS. Alas, he was taken by illness but will be remembered by us here.

If you were close with Richard and are a fellow panzer wrap collector that he dealt with at the SOS, I would be obliged if you would PM me.

Thank you Richard for your time, patience and experience.

Best,
                        Scott

Comment

Richard P

I first talked to Richard when we were both collecting AVG items. On a business trip to California about 10 years ago he invited me out to his house to see his collection. His AVG and CBI collections were fantastic and even though I also collect German WW2 items I usually only spoke with him about AVG items as his knowledge on these items was extensive and he knew where so many items were. I was shocked to hear about his passing as the last time I talked to him was at the SOS. Strange but the English collector ( Chris John ) he sold alot of his AVG items to also died suddenly 4 years ago of a brain aneurysm at the age of 48. Both were great guys and I will miss both of them. RIP Rich.

Comment

I've known Richard for a number of years, but never met him in person. He had a lot of energy, so I had always imagined him to be a lot younger than in the photo someone put up. How old was he actually?

Comment

Thanks for the help you have give me RIP my friend.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X