Ken Jasper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken Jasper

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Ken Jasper, Lifetime Member and also known as Ken Jasper on this forum. He had been a member of the WAF since 05 March 2001. He passed away on January 7, 2003.

WAF user account background:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/member.php?u=339

Additionally, the international forums was named the "Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums" in honor of Ken http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...splay.php?f=22

Known background of collector:

Collecting interests:

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Thank you, Ralph, for creating this memorial thread for Ken.

I will post more later, but I wanted to acknowledge this thread and at least make an initial comment.

Ken died more than eight years ago, and so I'm not certain how many members of our forum will remember him.
    I certainly do.

Ken served in the United States Army as an intelligence officer and, following this, he entered the ranks of the Clandestine Service of the Central Intelligence Agency.
    Put simply, Ken was a spy for our nation.
    He was decorated by the CIA for his work, and he took an early retirement from the Agency that permitted him to pursue his collecting interests.

On January 7 of 2003, Ken evidently looked in on things here on our Forum, where he was an active and very valued member. Later that day he took his own life.

Ken evidently battled the demon of depression and, like many others who have been afflicted with that disease, he decided to leave the mortal existence that he found to be so painful.
    The word "tragedy" does not begin to describe such a thing.

I will add more later, but I would like to say that Ken was a great guy, possessed of exceptional intelligence, wit, and knowledge. He was a friend to many of us and an educator of the hobby to many more.

Ken, you are missed, my friend.

Comment

Ken was a great guy and very giving of his time as well as possessions. He used to hold trivia quizzes on the forum and always gave away a badge or medal of some sort as the prize. I still have the one I won from one of these trivia challenges and won't ever get rid of it. I also still have a couple of PMs from him from from December of 2002 that I, for some reason, cannot bring myself to delete. He was a special guy and is missed.
      Richard V

Comment

Ken

Hello,
        I would like to add that I had a few e-mails back and forth from Ken and he was a good guy and I miss him on the forum too.

Jody

Comment

2003 Wow already that long ago - ken was a scholar and a gentleman and a dear WAF /Collector friend the best

Horst

Comment

I believe that Ken knew the end was coming, and before leaving this world gave away his collection through the forum. He was a very valued member and missed to this day.
            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Political awards

I used to own a cased Gau Berlin in silver ,Ken was offered the piece after I put it up for sale.I had no idea how bad his situation was. I remember his wife told him to go for it. A thoroughly decent human being.I always enjoyed our mails.
              Rest in peace Ken

Comment

Very eloquent sentiments- thanks to the creator of this thread and all the contributors. I too remember Ken, whom I only knew from e-mails, unfortunately, and he was a true gentleman who always had a kind word for me.

~ Mike

Comment

I too still have emails that I have not yet deleted. A great guy, a very decent man"old school". He used to exemplify what this hobby was all about gentle wit, scholarship, modesty and decency. He and Tony Colson worked together a couple of times and did great thyings for the USA.
                  He asked donations be given to his local animal shelter.
                  I miss him a lot.

Comment

Ken was one the first friends I made on the forum. I real gentleman who loved to share knowledge and was a real asset to then the forum. I'm still proud after all these years to call him a friend. I still have his handwritten congratulation note he wrote when my oldest daughter was born now 13 years ago with a nice present. I'l keep that forever next to his photo, his wife Linda sent me.
                    It's good to see so many others had their good times with Ken.

I'll never forget him...

Comment

I did not knew Ken because I am a fairly new member here on WAF. But I like to read how others still thinking about him. That is how you keep him "alive"

Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X