Wedge of Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedge of Iron

Not sure if this the proper Froum to post this question.
    I saw a print at a local shop that was entitled "Wedge of Iron" by a M. Wooten. 3 Tiger tanks with a copule of Stukas above. It was signed by 6 SS Knight's Cross winners, 479 out of 1000 prints. With it came a short little document (about a page worth) that discussed the Battle of Kirsk. My question is, has anybody heard of this print or artist, and is it possible the signatures are legit? The print is not framed and the Knight's Cross winners were from either (it my memory serves me correct) the 502 or 507 Panzer regiment? Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks
    Tony

Originally posted by Tony
    Not sure if this the proper Froum to post this question.
    I saw a print at a local shop that was entitled "Wedge of Iron" by a M. Wooten. 3 Tiger tanks with a copule of Stukas above. It was signed by 6 SS Knight's Cross winners, 479 out of 1000 prints. With it came a short little document (about a page worth) that discussed the Battle of Kirsk. My question is, has anybody heard of this print or artist, and is it possible the signatures are legit? The print is not framed and the Knight's Cross winners were from either (it my memory serves me correct) the 502 or 507 Panzer regiment? Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks
    Tony
    Hi Tony,
    Michael Wooten is a very well known military artist,and this is perhaps his best known print.The print is signed by several of the leading Tiger1 aces-several of whom have since died.I know Will Fey,Otto Carius,Albert Kerscher,Willi Jahde,and I think two others signed this print.Last I knew this was selling for around$200.I spoke with M.Wooten last year and this was close to being sold out from him at the time.I have no doubt of the originality of the signatures on this well known print.
    Regards,
    Steve

Comment

In the WWII Print market he's a well known artist. In my opinion his best print is "The Last German Kings"

The only reason I balked at purchasing it at the time was the signatures were in ink. I think I purchased my last art print around '95-'96 so I have been out of the loop for awhile.

Comment

Thanks Steve and Perry.

Tony

Comment

Nice print. All signatures are legit! I got it years ago.

Comment

Is it this :

Comment

Yes, that is the print!

Tony

Comment

Nice print. Maybe I'll get around to framing it soon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X