X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overlord Museum

I went to this museum in 2014;

http://www.overlordmuseum.com/en/collections/

It was one of the best museums I had been to in Normandy. The displays were superb! Especially the Panzer workshop display with the Panther, Pz IV turret, and repair equipment.

Hopefully someone will visit it as I am curious to hear about any updates.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I went in 2017 and can only agree, it was really fantastic!
      Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

one of the best to visit overthere !!

Comment

I have been to it a few weeks ago when the Militracks were happening.
          Fantastic museum, but German side was the best with all the nice scenes put into place, Flak areas and the Belgian Ardennen.
          Also the copy from one famous train gun is very impressive!
          It can take hours only to see every granate, bullet, explosive device, mines, even torpedos.

Comment

We were fortunate to be able to go there last week on June 6th during our visit to Normandy for the 75th Anniversary of D-Day. I have been to almost every WWII related museum in Normandy over the last 15 years, and I can now say that this is by far one of the top two best museums in the whole region. The amount of original equipment and vehicles is amazing, and their displays are very well done.

The other museum I would consider in the top two would be Deadman's Corner/D-Day Experience in St. Come-du-Mont. This museum is mainly 101st Airborne and 6th Falschirmjäger related (as it should be since it is the site of a former 6th Falschirmjäger headquarters and an area captured by the 101st), but it also has what is probably the largest quantity of named/attributed uniforms, medals, and equipment of any museum in Normandy.

Comment

John, what a Great time we had!

I agree, those are the top two.

The best bang for your buck was the Ranger Collection for 2 euro

Also, the D-Day Experience at Dead Mans Corner has a 3D short movie and a C47 flight simulator. Enjoyed both.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Pacheco View Post

I agree, those are the top two.
                Count me in also!

Comment

I agree with Frank and WWIIBuff.
                  By far the 2 best museums in Normandy. #3 for me is the airborne museum in St Mere Eglise and the older and smaller "Omaha Beach memorial museum" in Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer is also worth visiting and that would be my # 4 ranking in the American sector!
                  In the British sector Pegasus Bridge museum and the battle of Normandy museum in Bayeux are also worth going to...and there are so many others too...
                  (we had a great time there guys!)

Comment

I agree with your #3 Nick. It was great having you and your brother as part of our group.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X