Sturm vs RUM: Which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturm vs RUM: Which is better?

I'm looking to buy a repro German feldbluse. I noticed Sturm and Richard Underwood -tunics are apparently the best ones out there (besides Janke, but that's way too expensive), but which is better? Does anyone own these tunics?

Originally posted by Venturefan260 View Post
    I'm looking to buy a repro German feldbluse. I noticed Sturm and Richard Underwood -tunics are apparently the best ones out there (besides Janke, but that's way too expensive), but which is better? Does anyone own these tunics?

AT the front is coming out with some very very good "Texled" reproduction tunics, Id look at their website.

Comment

"Texled" made in China using their patterns.
      I doubt in China labor quality, even based on original examples. I know that they will find own way to making them. Original German tunics sometimes have lot of errors, borken thread, errors sewing lining inside, bad positon of pockets etc.
      I got mail from ATF, that probably tunics will be on the end of next year ( everything depends of China people)
      I dont think that those tunics will be great, like those from real texled from 2012-2013
      Also European quality is great, I mean tunics from Panter-store ( Czech) and Elsenau Militaria (Poland)

Comment

Interesting, I have not really heard of those shops before. I heard Sturm tunics are not made in China though, they are made in Poland?

Comment

Didn't Sturm produce in Germany?

In my opinion, Sturm is more or less "standard" or mass-production. The others seems to produce more individual items, or?

Comment

The Field bouses by Sturm were made in East Asia, don´t know if directly in China.

The Sturm blouses had one clearly advantage to the more expensice ones: The fabric was made from a nyco-mix and they won´t shrink during washing in the machine.

A few years ago a chinese ebay shop sold the various Sturmuniforms for a little less money than the shops.

I wouldn´t spend my money for Sturm tunics. Save the money for better ones, like Panther.

Comment

Many thanks for your replies!

It seems that Richard Underwood's tunics aren't that well known. They have their own site but Sofmilitary sells their tunics too:

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/model-1...-product,19739

Comment

Those are China made - Gavin.
                Richard Underwood didnt make his tunics, he is only seller, not maker.

Comment

Originally posted by stankiew View Post
                  Those are China made - Gavin.
                  Richard Underwood didnt make his tunics, he is only seller, not maker.
                  Huh, now that is interesting...Sofmilitary still advertises them as ''The Richard Underwood line''...

Comment

Originally posted by Venturefan260 View Post
                    Huh, now that is interesting...Sofmilitary still advertises them as ''The Richard Underwood line''...
                    That s right. Underwood has a wild mix from various supplyers from low up to very good qualitiy grade items. His fieldgrey uniform line is gavin. Unfortenatly Gavin and all the far east williys using polyster bathroomcurtains as liningfabric....
                    Elsenau makes best and finest repros of fieldgrey garments from M42 up at this time in Europe. 2nd is Panther. Both of them use 100% wool, not a mix.
                    Best repros in North America was the "real" texled line of ATF, when Mrs. Bergmann worked together with ATF....

Comment

Originally posted by Buckliger View Post
                      That s right. Underwood has a wild mix from various supplyers from low up to very good qualitiy grade items. His fieldgrey uniform line is gavin. Unfortenatly Gavin and all the far east williys using polyster bathroomcurtains as liningfabric....
                      Elsenau makes best and finest repros of fieldgrey garments from M42 up at this time in Europe. 2nd is Panther. Both of them use 100% wool, not a mix.
                      Best repros in North America was the "real" texled line of ATF, when Mrs. Bergmann worked together with ATF....
                      Virginia Bergmann is a thief, liar, and all around POS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X