Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Museum worthy m38 FJ helmet

Dear members,

For my collection, I'm looking for a realistic museum like m38 apple green early DD helmet.
    Since the originals are a bit to expensive for me I was looking on the web for people who can do an awesome job in painting and ageing a reproduction helmet.

I found the website of Warhats.com

He is very good at this.

This would be something I'm looking for : https://www.warhats.com/m38-german-p...ble-decal.html

Does anyone has any experience with this website or might have some advice who could help me further?

Much appreciated

Regards, Nick

I don't know what his work is actually like but I know that he doesn't answer his emails. If you manage to get a response please let us know.

Jon

Comment

Yes, I have that experience too. got a response on my first e-mail but not on my second one.

Comment

Check alexanderandsonsrestorations.com. he did a Afrikacorps M35 for me that came out fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by johann mor View Post
          I don't know what his work is actually like but I know that he doesn't answer his emails. If you manage to get a response please let us know.

Jon
          For sure. Tom

Comment

After sending them a sarcastic email I have had a reply, apparently they have no liners for M38 helmets. Why that should affect their ability to answer emails I don't quite understand.

"Sorry we have no liners - only shells and chinstraps, if you supply a liner we can probably do it!"

I don't quite understand why they can only "probably" do it, I thought that is what they do as a business. Its "probably" best to find another supplier, me thinks.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Waldmurmeltier View Post
              Check alexanderandsonsrestorations.com. he did a Afrikacorps M35 for me that came out fantastic.
              Thanks for the tip! He has some very nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick U View Post
                Thanks for the tip! He has some very nice work!
                I will vouch for that. I have one of his helmets. He is a good guy and easy to deal with.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X