Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help find some locations in Berlin

Hello everybody,

For my trip to Berlin I need to find some exact location as shown in the youtube link. I am trying to make a then and now movie with these movie shots shown next to each other. I did find the most myself, but I am missing some. Hope you can help out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywiHc6PCfWg

Berlin Locations

0:06 – 0:14 Strasse des 17 juni 31
    0:14 – 0.53 Grosse Stern
    0:53 – 1:21 Brandenburger Tor
    1:21 – 1:24 Unter der Linden ??
    1:24 – 1:35 Olympia Stadion
    1:35 – 1:40 Haus des Rundfunks Masurenallee 8-14
    1:40 – 1:46 ???
    1:46 – 2:21 Unter der Linden/Neue Wache
    2:21 – 2:37 Unter der Linden/ Berliner Schloss
    2:37 – 3:32 Berliner Dom/Altes Museum/Alte National Gallerie
    3:32 – 3:42 ???
    3:42 – 3:57 Alexanderplatz (exact location??)
    3:57 – 4:12 ???
    4:12 – 5:15 Cut these scenes
    5:15 – 5:48 ???
    5:48 – 5:56 ???
    5:56 – 6:03 Kaiser Wilhelm Gedachtskirche Kurfurstendam 237
    6:03 – 6:18 Potsdammerstrasse 33 Berlin State Library
    6:18 – 6:34 Reichstag
    6:34 – 7:02 Berliner Zoo Hardenbergplatz 8
    7:02 – 7:35 Strandbad Wannsee/ Wannseebadweg 25
    7:35 – 8:25 Reichsluftfahrtministerium Wilhelmstrasse (exact location)

1:21-1-24 is Unter den Linden just behind Brandenburger Tor I think. Madame Tussauds is now located just about there.

1:40-1:46 is still Haus des Rundfunks directly opposite from the Funkturm and Messegelände.

3:32-3:42 don't recognize this but there are many bridges. Might be the one at Michaelkirchstr. near Alexanderplatz but difficult to say.

3:57-4:12 is the Bahnhof next to Häckische Markt near Am Zwirngraben.

5:15-5:48 looks like the old Leipzigerstr. Completly destroyed and now full of Soviet style highrises but st 5:15 you can see some columns of a small flat building, I think that's the Spittelkolonadenat Marion -Grafin-dornhofplatz. but not sure of that as it all looks so different now.

5:48-5:56 is the old hochbahn on Tempelhofererufer, near the Technik museum I'd guess.

7:35 Reichsluftfahtministerium is now the finance ministry, can't miss that, also Leipzigerstr. Directly across the road from Mall of Berlin.
    The rest is Wilhelmstr. and the Neue Reichskanzlei, completly destroyed and replaced with new shops and apartments. On the reverse side is the Gertrud-Kolmar-str. That's were the Führer bunker was and they've actually put up a sign and map now so you can see where it was.

Hope that helps anyway.
    Skip
    Last edited by Militaria-Berlin; 01-16-2018, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Wow thank you very much!! This is very helpfull. Do you also know what the exact location is where they filming on the Alexanderplatz?

3:42 – 3:57 Alexanderplatz (exact location??)

Thanx again for your time

Comment

Not really as Alexanderplatz was completely flattened and newly constructed by the East Germans as a showplace to impress the West.
        That appears to be the Sbahn bridge in the background and I'd guess they are filming from the now Karl-Liebknecht-Str. Up towards Unter den Linden and the Berliner Dom though.
        Although, on the right you can see the big glass bahnhof so might be slap bang in the midffle of Alexanderplatz where the Fernsehturm is now.

Comment

Ok, probably on Alexanderplatz. This is all pedestrian area now. You find the Weltuhr and go a bit to the right of it.
          Attached Files

Comment

See the Bahnhof

Comment

This is outstanding Skip. I saw the place on google maps, but could not find the Bahnhof. You knowlegde is very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Militaria-Berlin View Post
                5:48-5:56 is the old hochbahn on Tempelhofererufer, near the Technik museum I'd guess.
                Its the Landwehrkanal, seen from close to subaway bridge "Möckernbrücke". Heilig-Kreuz-church in the background:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                  Its the Landwehrkanal, seen from close to subaway bridge "Möckernbrücke". Heilig-Kreuz-church in the background:
                  Thats it. Looks almost the same nowadays. Great find.

Comment

Originally posted by timster View Post
                    Thats it. Looks almost the same nowadays. Great find.
                    Yes, right next go th Technik Museum on Tempelhofer Ufer.

Great photo, nearly exactly the same place.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well spotted on the church.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Militaria-Berlin View Post
                        3:32-3:42 don't recognize this but there are many bridges. Might be the one at Michaelkirchstr. near Alexanderplatz but difficult to say.
                        Found: Monbijoubrücke
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thats great!! Amazing find!!!

Comment

Originally posted by timster View Post
                            Thats great!! Amazing find!!!
                            So, all places found, or did we missed some?

Comment

I think we have everything if I got the places right myself.

This one was not entire sure, maybe you can also take a look?

5:15-5:48 looks like the old Leipzigerstr. Completly destroyed and now full of Soviet style highrises but st 5:15 you can see some columns of a small flat building, I think that's the Spittelkolonadenat Marion -Grafin-dornhofplatz. but not sure of that as it all looks so different now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X