Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repro US 1911 .45 mounted holster and Breeches

Hi Guys
    couldnt decide whether to post this here or in the US militaria forum.
    I'm looking for somebody who sells a good repro 'mounted' pattern .45 holster. The one with the swivel joint. Do any of you UK based guys know of anywhere that sells them?

Also looking for a supplier of repro, or possibly original, US mounted cavalry breeches. Ive only come across small 30" waist sizes which are unfortunatly to small for me and most re-enactors of today.

Any help much appreciated.

Lee

Hi Lee, not UK based, but IMA used to sell these. Checkout their website.

http://www.ima-usa.com/index.php

Sorry, I don't know of any supplier who does repro cav breeches. I used to have an original pair and I can remember when I used to fit them, a size 30 waist, a lot of years ago now..

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      Hi Lee, not UK based, but IMA used to sell these. Checkout their website.

http://www.ima-usa.com/index.php

Sorry, I don't know of any supplier who does repro cav breeches. I used to have an original pair and I can remember when I used to fit them, a size 30 waist, a lot of years ago now..

Cheers, Ade.
      Yea cheers Ade know what you mean mate (now 36" - 34" if I'm lucky! ) thats why i figured i need to find some repro ones.
      I have checked out IMA they do have them but with my previous experience they charge a lot for shipping and customs always gets em! so does'nt end up particularly cheap, why i wondered if there was anywhere in UK for them.

Thanks Mate.

PS- were the pics ok?

Lee

Comment

I picked up a nice set of repro mounted breeches from WWII Impressions. They make them in wool and cotton. I wear them riding my 1942 Harley. I had to tailor the legs to fit my calves (they were too big) but the fit is great.

Comment

I have seen their website when i was searching the web. They do look good. I was thinking the wool ones look the best?

I dont think the large calf size would be a problem as i have fairly large calfs anyway (18"). I might give them a try, thanks for that.

Lee

Comment

Thanks to you guys for your comments. I just won a pair of 38" on ebay for $200. Hopefully they wont be too big!

Lee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X