No announcement yet.

Warbirds at the Reading WWII Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great show Tim, and I have been going for more than 20 years. In this case I just took some quick photos with my phone. Each year fewer of these warbirds are flying, as they "put the wheels in concrete" as they are getting too costly to maintain and insure.

I was told by a friend the other day that the Oskosh Air Show in Wisconsin had more than 150 WWII aircraft for the 50th anniversary. They still, apparently, have an entire section just for P-51s. That show is on my calendar for next year!
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi I haven't been there in a number of years and need to go next year. The pics are much appreciated. TPK

Comment

Thanks, Willi. Great pics! Bob

Comment

The rarest plane there in my opinion was the P-63 King Cobra. I had never seen one before in person & didn't know that there were any left in flying condition.
          Also the pilot of the Wildcat put on a hell of a show.

Comment

Yes it was another great airshow and few new birds I have not seen in the years Past.
            I was amazed at how many people showed up Saturday this year. If their was any doubt that people are loosing interest in WWII then that show put a end to the wondering. If anything the interest is increasing 10X over !

Cant wait till next year,

Rich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X