Please Help With This If You Can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help With This If You Can

My friends, this thread has been up for a couple of days in Die Kneipe and other forums and has received a fair response. I thought I would take the liberty of copying it here for better exposure, I hope that no one minds. I would really like for every forum member to see this and have a chance to help.

I am sure that all of you are aware of the terrible natural disaster that destroyed so many lives not so long ago in Southeast Asia. For the most part, this event has fallen away from the headlines. However, there is still much to be done there to help those people.

I am stationed on Hickam Air Force Base in Honolulu, Hawaii, and my local church--Nu'uanu Baptist Church has been sending relief teams to South East Asia since it became possible to travel to those areas hardest hit. The teams normaly consist of an experienced missionary/relief worker who is familiar with the particulars of travelling to foreign countries and a group of doctors and nurses from our church. This is how they operate: A team is put together (normally 8-10 people) the church pays half of the cost of sending the volunteers there and the volunteers pay the other half of their travel expenses out of their own pocket.

A donations fund has been established and this money is used exclusively to purchase medical supplies and other necessary items for distribution. the team then goes to the disaster site and sets up walk-in clinics. The last team to go treated all sorts of injuries, ranging from broken teeth to broken backs. They never bring any supplies home as there are always more needs than they can meet.

I am asking that anyone who is willing please help with this effort. I know that not all of my friends here are Christians or even religious people. Please know that this is not a missionary effort in the traditional sense of the word. These people are handing out bandages, food, and medicine; not Bibles. The teams who go are committed to exclusively aiding the sick and injured, this is a condition for their being allowed to stay in the country and the team leaders are honoring this condition so that they may be able to continue to help people. These doctors, nurses, and volunteers from our church go with one change of clothes in a small carry-on backpack and two large suitcases stuffed full of supplies, and the only thing they ever bring back are pictures and letters given to them by the children and adults that they serve--most even wind up giving away the change of clothes they brought.

I cannot go myself because of the job that I do for the Air Force, though my wife is planning to go with one of the groups soon. And I know that many of you cannot physically go and help, but if you can and if you will, please help those who can go.

If anyone would like to donate anything toward this relief effort, you can send it to my paypal address if that is convenient for you. Please PM me and tell me how much you sent as paypal will take it's fees out, I will make up the fees myself and whatever amount you send will be given in full to the aid fund. Here is my paypal address:
    ltmcgee34361@yahoo.com

My friends there is a very real need here, and I know that many of you are good decent people who truly care about your fellow man. This is not like so many of the scams you see on TV where 90% of your money pays the salaries of administrators and employees. I know these people who are going, I see them in church, and they come back with stories and pictures of the people they helped. So I wanted to give you this opportunity to be blessed by helping buy supplies to help those who can't help themselves.
    Thank you,
    Chris
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Greetings everyone,

Here is today's update. I completed another private sale of some Campaign Shields and have thus drawn some more funds into the pot. Our Tsunami Relief Fund currently stands at $3,493.35

Does anyone have an extra seven or eight bucks sitting around that could put us over the 3,500 mark? It amazes me that so many members are willing to give of their blessings to help bless others in need. My thanks goes out to everyone who has helped. If you haven't participated in this effort yet, please consider doing so. Here is the paypal address again for donations: ltmcgee34361@yahoo.com
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X