Churchill started the Blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by praubal View Post
    He did take advantage Zachary ...but on this occasion with devaststing consequences.
    He esculated within one night the whole horror of what cane next.
    Hitler held back....not bombing London for days despite heavy and constant Allied raids.
    https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3e8...2-7125185919cd

Comment

Mmmmm

This guy is nuts!

So had Churchill not retaliated for that one German bomber then we would never have got bombed again? So Hitler wanted to bomb every other city in Europe but not the UK...... Unless we bombed them......mmmm interesting point..... Never heard that one before..... You are talking about the Second World War?

Comment

I'm still trying to catch up here.... I can't seem to find where Churchill launched a combined, military strike/campaign in 1940 against the defenses, peace loving Gemany in any of my history books? Did I miss something when I was studying military history or strategic studies while attening collage??

Wow, this thread is a wopper!

Though I have found this conversation to be entertaining I fear there are actually people who believe this scheisse...

Comment

Praubal, you really are full of ****

Praubal, you really are full of ****

Originally posted by praubal View Post
          I find it amazing to still see that no one really understands the truth about the Blitz.
          After one lone German bomber whilst failing to negotiate the twists and turns of the Thames successfully, he dropped a bomb that fell within the City Limits...destroying a couple of empty buildings and perhaps a cat, but no civilian casualties.

Upon hearing this Hitler was furious and summoned him to HQ for disciplinary procedures.

However when Churchill learned of this minor accident he was overjoyed and immediately, without Cabinet consent ordered a huge bombing raid over Germany the next evening killing many.
          This was what he was waiting for so he could begin his War that he was so eager for....thus began the huge tradgedy that was the Blitz.

Hitler however, somewhat restrained did not respond like for like for many days..

Comment

Guys,

I wish you would all read this great book by ex-Presidential advisor Pat Buchanan.
            It is an eye opener!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...necessary_War_
            Attached Files

Comment

Try to imagine the outburst here, should anyone suggest Churchill being resposible for the actions in Tjeckia, due to the assasination of Heydrich. The coin has always at least two sides

Comment

I have done so and can only say:

If you want to be entertained by a book written by a member of the right reformist party and a hater of communism, read it and enjoy laughing about obvious mistakes.
                What is not for laugh is that Mr. Buchanan has not understood anything about the true ideas of Hitler and the momentum they gained. Sad...and dangerous.
                What to think about his argument that says:
                The concentration camps are a result of the II WW, without the war no camps. As Churchill is responsible for the war he is responsible for the camps ???!!!

And another very cynical argument: It was good for US to join the war so late as it saved resources and its better to let fight other ones..and earn the results!!! What an American-centric view.

A book not worth to read...and btw not now ideas at all.

Regards
                Christian

Comment

Christian,

Maybe let people read it and make up their own mind, instead of telling them what to think.

Comment

Not his finest hour: The dark side of Winston Churchill

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...l-2118317.html

"The young Churchill charged through imperial atrocities, defending each in turn. When concentration camps were built in South Africa, for white Boers, he said they produced "the minimum of suffering". The death toll was almost 28,000, and when at least 115,000 black Africans were likewise swept into British camps, where 14,000 died, he wrote only of his "irritation that Kaffirs should be allowed to fire on white men". Later, he boasted of his experiences there: "That was before war degenerated. It was great fun galloping about."

Comment

I suppose the next thing on this thread will be that Churchill was responsible for the Wannsee Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                        I suppose the next thing on this thread will be that Churchill was responsible for the Wannsee Conference.
                        The word "reptile-brain" has finally gotten a face

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Evil Catt View Post
                          Christian,

Maybe let people read it and make up their own mind, instead of telling them what to think.
                          Why you are telling them its a "great book"? Let them make up their own mind instead of telling them what to think.....

If you take the freedom to lobby the book, I take the freedom to lobby against.
                          If you don't like it...your problem!

Comment

Point taken

I will say I learned a lot from that book.....many facts which are left out of today's "history".

Comment

discussion

Originally posted by Mr. Evil Catt View Post
                              Point taken

I will say I learned a lot from that book.....many facts which are left out of today's "history".
                              I assume we would have a good discussion about the book and its various statements if we had the chance to meet in person and to exchange our different views

Comment

I will supply the beer!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X