ALL Vets sign in please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g43cart View Post
    U.S.Army-1971 to 1973 -Spearhead 3rd Armored Divison-Track & Tank Mechanic-Germany.
    Which post? I was 3AD in Büdingen (3-12 Cav) 1980-83, Spearhead!

Best,
    Greg
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

US Army active 1970/73

VN 70/71
      23rd Inf Div
      Co C 723rd Maint Co
      LZ Hawk Hill Da Nang

Comment

Greg I also was station at Armstrong Barracks in Budingen.I was with the 122nd Maint for the 3rd Ard. Our maint shop was located just below the bottom of the hill by the parade field.

Comment

Originally posted by g43cart View Post
          Greg I also was station at Armstrong Barracks in Budingen.I was with the 122nd Maint for the 3rd Ard. Our maint shop was located just below the bottom of the hill by the parade field.
          I think it was still there in 80-83. 3-12 Cav, 3-61 ADA, and the detachment of 122 Maint were all crowded into Armstrong Barracks. The section leader of the 122 Maint detachment was a female 1LT; the only girl soldier on post!

Best,
          Greg
          sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
          www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Greg thanks for that info.Its sad that uncle sam shut the post down,I heard it was sometime in 2007 when the army pulled out.I always wanted to go back to my old duty station & the town to have a look around but it has not happend.

Comment

Been there! done that! Got the Tee shirt, since 1982.

Comment

Hey Posey ,, I was in Charlie battery, my best friend was in B battery his name was cook maybe that's how I know your name or were you the the nco that liked to go metal detecting and one time got a large grouping of paratrooper items from someone if so we did some trading before,if not I'm sure we passed each other some place. ,,, do you remember the riot we had on our floor ?
                James

Comment

Originally posted by james s. View Post
                  Hey Posey ,, I was in Charlie battery, my best friend was in B battery his name was cook maybe that's how I know your name or were you the the nco that liked to go metal detecting and one time got a large grouping of paratrooper items from someone if so we did some trading before,if not I'm sure we passed each other some place. ,,, do you remember the riot we had on our floor ?
                  James
                  Yes, that is me - the metal detecting guy. Do you remember the bar me and SSG Ferrel built in our room? Me and (I cannot remember his name right now) bought a Crete photo album and award document grouping from the veteran's granddaughter. It was fantastic. We bought it for a little of nothing and split it up between us. In the end I felt bad about splitting it up and traded him back my half for a little of nothing just to keep the group intact. There were fantastic combat photos during the invasion of Crete and celebrations afterwards as well as what this guy did the rest of the war. All of the certificates were there EK II, EK I, WB black, parachute training at Stendal, and best of all the Crete certificate. Oh well. At least the group is together...I hope since I have not heard from him in many, many years. Do not remember the riot....I remember a lot happening in those barracks that could be considered a riot.

Send me a PM if you want to get caught up. I am sure you dealt with Calhoun. There was another guy in one of the other battery's that collected. He got shot and killed by his own pistol in some drunken altercation shortly after returning from Iraq. You probably knew him too.
                  Last edited by Brad Posey; 12-20-2014, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Hey brad, it's great to hear from you after all this time. I will pm you later today,and I do remember the bar you had,,, and I was there when you guys were splitting up that group it almost killed me I still have a few pictures from the group i got from you, GREAT TALKING TO YOU

James
                    (E4 Stevens gun 7 Sgt Fraley's section)

Comment

Still playing the game since 2007..

Matt

Comment

Hey Guys,

341st SWM SAC

Chris

Comment

US Army 1975-1997
                          11th Armored Cavalry Regiment (Bad Hersfeld and Fulda, Germany),
                          1-73rd Armor Battalion (Ft. Irwin, California),
                          2nd General Hospital (Landstuhl, Germany),
                          Combat Equipment Battalion Northwest (Coevorden, Netherlands),
                          5th United States Army (Santa Fe, New Mexico),
                          5th Signal Command (Worms, Germany),
                          Combat Equipment Group Europe (Mannheim, Germany).
                          U.S. Army Logistic Advisor to the United Kingdom, Quartermaster General (London and Andover, England).

jim

Comment

US Army, 19C

2006-2011

Comment

US Army, 1st Armored Div., 19K Abrams Armor Crewman, 2008-2011

Comment

US Navy 1989-2009
                                HSL-42
                                -USS Normandy (Desert Storm/Bosnia/50th Anny of D-Day)
                                -USS John L Hall (Counter Drug ops)

NAMTRAGRUDET Mayport

HSL-44
                                -USS Cape St George MED/MEF 1998)
                                -USS Stephen W Groves (Counter Drug ops)
                                -USS Nicholas (Counter Drug ops)
                                -USS Underwood (MED/MEF 2001, Operation Noble Eagle, OIF)

NAS Key West S.A.R. Detachment (Lots of fishing!!)

HSL-46

I do miss it quite a bit. Nothing like the smell of the ocean and Navy breakfast!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X