Der Untergang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Untergang

A new movie called Der Untergang ("The Downfall") has been playing to sold out audiences in Berlin. The movie portrays Adolf Hitler's last days in the bunker and is apparently the first German movie to depict the human side of the man who was the architect of the Holocaust and the very essence of all that is evil. Has anyone seen the movie and would they care to give us a review. How about our members in Germany ?

Doug

Originally posted by Douglas J Schrack
    A new movie called Der Untergang ("The Downfall") has been playing to sold out audiences in Berlin. The movie portrays Adolf Hitler's last days in the bunker and is apparently the first German movie to depict the human side of the man who was the architect of the Holocaust and the very essence of all that is evil. Has anyone seen the movie and would they care to give us a review. How about our members in Germany ?

Doug
    Hello all,

Was in Berlin recently, and saw this film, can't recomend it enough! My German is pretty limited, and regardless of my friend sitting next to me (who speaks good ish German) whispering me some translations, I found the film gripping,and came away keen to learn more about the battle for Berlin. Lots of powerful symbolism,certainly kept me on my toes.

Well worth it!

Any DVD release date soon?

Cheers,

Ash.

(they served beer in the cinema too, very civil,I'm from the Uk by the way )

Comment

Here is a thread regarding Der Untergang> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=66677

Comment

What is a correct translation for "Der Untergang"?

Comment

thats "downfall", "the End", the meaning is "apocalypse"

Comment

Last edited by Seigfried; 06-11-2005, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Yes I would like to know as well. Anybody know the release date for the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mumby
                Yes I would like to know as well. Anybody know the release date for the UK?
                Live a little Tom, get a cheap flight from Stanstead/London Luton to Berlin, you could be back for tea!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X