The Way We Actually Were by Walter Auer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Way We Actually Were by Walter Auer

Last August at the Iola Wisconsin Military Show one of the speakers was a German WWII veteran, Walter Auer who wrote a book about his personal war time and post war experiences (title above.) Sorry to say I missed his presentation but my wife bought a copy of his book for me and I finally had time to read it. The book was well worth reading and I would recommend it to anyone interested in an honest vision of the war in Kurland and the post war plight of Germans living outside of the borders of old Germany as seen by a German enlisted man who was also a POW of the Russians. Not sure what the price is by mail but the book is published by RFP Publications, Mountain View, CA (ISBN 0-9663968-1-2) There is an English version (which I read) but I'm not sure if it is by the same publisher. This book may also be available from Hans Schmidt Publications, PO Box 11124, Pensacola, FL 32524. The book is not to clear on how to order the English version. But if you are interested it would be well worth checking out. Fred

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X